• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steinbach

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said anything about masks. I haven't taken a position on the issue. The 2 times since spring that I have been in public places where masks where required/recommended, I complied without issue.
    Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Your clairvoyance abilities are sorely laking.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Would that be something like drowning in stupidity? ;-}

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I never said anything about masks. I haven't taken a position on the issue. The 2 times since spring that I have been in public places where masks where required/recommended, I complied without issue.
        Stop putting words in my mouth.
        I said anybody, I didn't say you.

I did however point out your continued lack of support for scientific evidence.

Comment

So, now pointing out that consensus is not part of the scientific process, is anti scientific?
          Who knew.
          Now I remember why I have been ignoring you, and will go back to that status again now.
          Edit, thanks for the like, but flattery will get you nowhere.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 23, 2020, 11:00.

Comment

Here's my take on why the lockdowns and mask mandates are not working, or working at a painfully slow rate:

The lockdowns hit the retail side of the economy, but not the commerical/manufacturing side.

Even though most retail outlets are either closed or severely restricted, the commercial and manufacturing side continues pretty much as it did before covid.

Every day, thousands of truck cross both provincial and international borders. These trucks carry essential goods, but many of the people driving them are inevitably carrying Covid. There is no practical way to quarantine these people.

Every day, while retail workers sit at home watching their workplaces literally die off, large numbers of industrial and commercial workers ride to work on public transit and carpool. Then they show up at facilities which were not designed for virus eradication. It is impossible to rebuild all this infrastructure with virus protection in mind. When the first outbreaks hit, there were suggestions that these workers be housed where they work, but this is absolutely impractical and horrendously expensive.

Shut down the commercial/manufacturing side of the economy and you will have mass starvation in short order. We desperately need to think of ways to sensibly live with the virus and focus on isolating those that are most vulnerable. Locking down the retail economy and putting the population under virtual house arrest is an utterly self-defeating strategy.

As an aside, having a centrally planned medical care system is the worst possible way to deal with a pandemic. Like every other centrally planned system, medicare was not designed to be responsive to sudden spikes in demand. You need a transparent price system to do that, and that does not exist in Canada.

Comment

Well looks like Pallister and Trudeau are ahead of the curve because they already have someplace to put all those terrible folks from Steinbach.

Comment

Makes some sense.

However how many transmissions have you heard of linked back to work? Most I’ve heard of are from social outings, gatherings, sports, etc.

When I get it it’s almost guaranteed it’s going to be from work but it’s going to get to work because somebody was hanging out with a large group of “cohorts”.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                  Here's my take on why the lockdowns and mask mandates are not working, or working at a painfully slow rate:

The lockdowns hit the retail side of the economy, but not the commerical/manufacturing side.

Even though most retail outlets are either closed or severely restricted, the commercial and manufacturing side continues pretty much as it did before covid.

Every day, thousands of truck cross both provincial and international borders. These trucks carry essential goods, but many of the people driving them are inevitably carrying Covid. There is no practical way to quarantine these people.

Every day, while retail workers sit at home watching their workplaces literally die off, large numbers of industrial and commercial workers ride to work on public transit and carpool. Then they show up at facilities which were not designed for virus eradication. It is impossible to rebuild all this infrastructure with virus protection in mind. When the first outbreaks hit, there were suggestions that these workers be housed where they work, but this is absolutely impractical and horrendously expensive.

Shut down the commercial/manufacturing side of the economy and you will have mass starvation in short order. We desperately need to think of ways to sensibly live with the virus and focus on isolating those that are most vulnerable. Locking down the retail economy and putting the population under virtual house arrest is an utterly self-defeating strategy.

As an aside, having a centrally planned medical care system is the worst possible way to deal with a pandemic. Like every other centrally planned system, medicare was not designed to be responsive to sudden spikes in demand. You need a transparent price system to do that, and that does not exist in Canada.
                  And where is your evidence for this assertion about this medical system or are just blowing smoke? If not then stick to economics.
                  Last edited by agstar77; Nov 23, 2020, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Well looks like Pallister and Trudeau are ahead of the curve because they already have someplace to put all those terrible folks from Steinbach.

Did they move the pipeline workers that were camped there out first?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Thanks Braveheart.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                        https://portageonline.com/local/mmf-camp-covid-ready-for-use https://portageonline.com/local/mmf-camp-covid-ready-for-use

This is a vacant ex mb hydro camp, nothing to do with pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordy2323 View Post
                          https://portageonline.com/local/mmf-camp-covid-ready-for-use https://portageonline.com/local/mmf-camp-covid-ready-for-use

This is a vacant ex mb hydro camp, nothing to do with pipeline.
                          What was its first intended purpose?
                          Thats the point.

That's a.small Covid prison....better build it bigger.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 23, 2020, 13:19.

Comment

Repurposed covid re-education facility.

Trudeau is just dying to house some rebellious farmers in there and show them the error of their ways.

Comment

It will be a glorious day when covid-19 and trudeau-2 ride off into the sunset.

Big time Miller time for Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                Repurposed covid re-education facility.

Trudeau is just dying to house some rebellious farmers in there and show them the error of their ways.
                                This message brought to you be Sydney Powell ex turnip legal counsel, ex because well she’s even too crazy for turnip!! (Although some in agriville are still waiting for her latest earthshaking election reports.)

Can’t accept the reality of your life’s situation? No problem We can make any kinda shit up is our motto!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...