• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clown World Oregon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation and proper coping techniques learned early in life probably a key.
    Freeing up the police and courts and prisons a good thing. Street meth is to pot as C4 is to percussion caps.
    But, we cant criminalize glue or aerosol cans or gasoline so people will still sniff that stuff.
    Smart cars with blood content analyzers only sure fire fix for DWI.
    What do they do in other cultures?
    I'm no expert but will guess.
    The addicts live and die on the streets and the traffickers are shot.
    After seeing addictions and poor mental health first hand I'm not convinced we can save society without remembering that each man has his own life. And we won't all fit in the same church.

Comment

Smart cars with blood content analyzers only sure fire fix for DWI.

I can't wait then this INSANE debate/consequences will END!

Other countries, Guess could follow Turkey...I heard/read convicted drunk drivers are SHOT!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Legal today; Cocaine, heroin and any drug you can get your hands on.

Illegal today; plastic straws, going out after 10pm and not wearing a mask.

Your progressive left hard at work.
        More Jazz BS

Drugs were not legal today in Oregon (legalized), small quantities were decriminalized. Not the same thing at all. For example, it is not legal to speed, and if you do you can be ticketed. But speeding only becomes a criminal offence when the amount you are speeding is considered excessive and depends on the jurisdiction as to what that speed is.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          More Jazz BS

Drugs were not legal today in Oregon (legalized), small quantities were decriminalized. Not the same thing at all. For example, it is not legal to speed, and if you do you can be ticketed. But speeding only becomes a criminal offence when the amount you are speeding is considered excessive and depends on the jurisdiction as to what that speed is.
          What's actually disturbing is the 9 likes to his post.

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
            If you drink booze your a drug user. Booze is just a legal drug, alcohol destroys more lives here in rural sask than illegal drugs. People think being an alcoholic is fine. Its called being a drug addict with alcohol.
            Must be different in your area. Drugs are ruining so many young people. They drop out of school their parents in denial or don’t know what to do enrol them in off school classes and ina. Month that’s it they are lost. Destine 50/50 to be in welfare or in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              More Jazz BS

So s little cocaine is ok. Ha great. Call it what you want. It's now legal to do a line anywhere in that hellhole liberal state. Guess you can't keep a shoebox full because that's the difference between legalization and decriminalized. Just playing with words to justify idiotic policy

How much fentanyl can I posess? You know that safe drug in tiny quantities that 10 grains kills an elephant or a whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                Make it ten, thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                  You must realize people may not be liking the content of the post but rather the subliminal sarcasm.
                  Or maybe not so subliminal.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                    Make it ten, thanks for bringing it up.
                    Sorry that I triggered your Rudy Giuliani moment

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      You must realize people may not be liking the content of the post but rather the subliminal sarcasm.
                      Or maybe not so subliminal.
                      Apparently it flew right over its head

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Apparently it flew right over its head
                        Please block me and if you have, at least have the discipline to not click on view post, but I suppose once a circle jerker always a circle jerker. Do you dye your hair?
                        Last edited by Guest; Nov 20, 2020, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          So s little cocaine is ok. Ha great. Call it what you want. It's now legal to do a line anywhere in that hellhole liberal state. Guess you can't keep a shoebox full because that's the difference between legalization and decriminalized. Just playing with words to justify idiotic policy

How much fentanyl can I posess? You know that safe drug in tiny quantities that 10 grains kills an elephant or a whale.
                          No, Jazz you are still wrong. It is not legal to do a line of cocaine in Oregon. If you are caught you can be fined. You just wont be charged criminally.

Let me put it in Saskatchewan terms that maybe you will understand. It is not legal to go through a stop sign. If you do and are caught you will be fined but you will not be charged criminally. Unless you happen to kill a bus load of hockey players in which case it there will be criminal charges.

People go through stop signs all the time, even on purpose if it is an isolated rural intersection and no one is around. That does not make it legal? No! Should they be fined for doing so if caught? Yes. Should they be thrown in jail? No. But if they kill someone running a stop sign should they do jail time? Yes!

Oregon decriminalized drugs because throwing people in jail was not solving the drug problem, it was adding to more criminal activity and costing a fortune in jailing people. They did not make it drugs legal. Even Alberta has safe injection sites where drug users shoot up under supervision. This is a a form of decriminalization.

This is the difference between legal, non criminal, and criminal.
                          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Nov 20, 2020, 21:25.

Comment

While everyone has been discussing moderating the forum lately, due to posters who never post about ag issues, It occurred to me that the only case of removing a posters privileges to use commodity marketing (within my memory) was Austranada, Who posted exclusively agricultural topics, specifically he had concerns about a herbicide.
                            For that he was banished to the unused forums.
                            So he reincarnated himself as bin lurking, never posted an ag related post again, has been rude, nasty, vile, intolerant, full of hate and vitriol and ignorance in every post, yet is allowed to continue uncensored.

Seems ironic.

I think I'd rather we kept the original Austranada.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 21, 2020, 01:24.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              I feel uncomfortable when I hear the words "use" alcohol, but you are right. I have never felt the "need" for drink, just that I enjoyed having one. But likely a dumb thing to do in general. Have never tried drugs, and never will because I'm worried what if I like it.

Not that I know for certain but I feel that whatever percentage of users become addicted to alcohol is a smaller percentage than drug users that get addicted to drugs. (Maybe not weed)

Also if I had the choice of dealing with a very drunk individual or with someone high on drugs I would choose the drunk everytime.
                              Maybe do a little research and find out the relative rank of drugs based on damage to the user, violence towards women, impact on crime, and socioeconomic effects.

Oh, and you can ask for a straw if you want one in Oregon. They aren't illegal.
                              Last edited by tweety; Nov 20, 2020, 23:19.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...