• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy shitze things move fast here.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shitze things move fast here.

I was mouthing off to you guys the other day we are looking at extermination. No cases I think basically for months except overseas coming in who quarantine for 14 days some of them test positive.

Fast foward I think 5 days since I said that shitze hit the fan.

Prof Spurrier says this cluster is unusual because it is taking just 24 hours from exposure to infectious, and many people are showing significant symptoms.

Should I be worried......driving along main north rd phone rings pulled into a shopping centre car park to answer.Anyway pull into car park take the call. See anz bank automatic bank teller shit better get @$100 . No intention of stopping straight home but got this cash out. My luck teller had gremlin germs on it.

This suburb is a covid hot spot.

This was 10 am this morning, press conference whole state lockdown announced with hotspots. Just dumb luck I pulled in there.

Masks mandatory and fines apply.

Many bussiness locked down for 6 days at moments pubs clubs diners etc.

I actually have to go back to big smoke tommorow.

Like farma says will wear mask were asked to, and won’t at home unless the sheep are worried and request I do.

No drama for me but called into a supermarket in the bush late arvo well full on crazy.

I got milk beer and coffee beans and got the hell out.

Masks as off midnight.

Yes I said I won’t post covid crap, just letting ya know the score here.

This new strain has hit internationals potentially heading here to suss it out.

I will just drink beer coffee eat steak stay away we’re possible mask when asked and move on

Make sure you wear a triple layer mask. About 70 % effective. Assume everyone outside your immediate household could be infected. Wash hands regularly with soap. Disinfect touched surfaces. Good luck. We are pretty much locked down.

Comment

Australia seems to be more aggressive in its lockdowns, enforcement and anti covid measures.

Seems like Australians are more disciplined and focused?

Comment

Perhaps you should move

Comment

Or maybe Mallee wants to join us here?

If things are so bad in Canada you can always move to South Dakota! Or any number of red states except Arizona, Georgia which just turned blue. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Australia seems to be more aggressive in its lockdowns, enforcement and anti covid measures.

Seems like Australians are more disciplined and focused?
            Ummm maybe the fact we have winter and are kinda confined inside 6 months of the year might be a factor not helping the control of any respiratory virus. Our cattle don’t normally have any pneumonia issues until November hits as they crowd around the feeders and the cool wet conditions hit. Sunlight is a natural disinfectant and I haven’t seen it in 4 days either.

Just an uneducated observation...........

Comment

More likely because the virus prefers cold vs heat.

Also more likely because provincial govs here have not stayed strict like Aus States have.

A State lockdown over one cluster? Let’s ask Kenney what he thinks of that. Soon our numbers will be so high we can claim they’ve been tampered with and ask for recounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                More likely because the virus prefers cold vs heat.

Also more likely because provincial govs here have not stayed strict like Aus States have.

A State lockdown over one cluster? Let’s ask Kenney what he thinks of that. Soon our numbers will be so high we can claim they’ve been tampered with and ask for recounts.

l:-[

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	770404

Comment

Bowling for ****!

I’ve played that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    Bowling for ****!

I’ve played that before.
                    "Bowling for....cheeps"?

Comment

Some people annoyed but that’s it.

Didn’t word it that well, just fact we went from total extermination talk to full lock down in space of a week.

All abiding by measures it seems.

I’m not getting into debate wether it’s right or wrong just what happening.

All cases stem from people coming in from overseas and go to medi hotels.

It’s a bit of a mess by the govt, it came from a medi hotel worker were people are quarantined and they were not or are not tested weekly.

Whereas farmers with land on each side of state border have to be tested weekly but worker’s potentially exposed don’t.

6 days ain’t long to be locked down but is it long enough?

Comment

Anyway I’ve gotta head back down to big smoke in 4 or 5 hours expecting to get stopped by police somewere and asked why I’m travelling and we’re I’m going.

Have to get a part for combine.

Ain’t got any masks sold out so not sure what I’m gonna wear, a some non soiled underwear wrapped around me face I guess

Comment

My bussiness is open.

In the big smoke. Head down soon tell ya about my day tonight.
                          My protocol.

Name:	F6980888-A327-4DB2-A1B9-4D347910F502.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	770412

Name:	29601129-1694-4844-9C43-62097D2EA621.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	770413

Comment

Crazy just crazy sanity prevailed eventually but here’s a Piece from today.

Cops have shut our shearing down as of tomorrow deemed non essential unless it’s a welfare issue? Man shrugging Not to start again until Wednesday. I thought Ag as a whole and the businesses that support it are essential services. We’re already weeks late with shearing, added frustration!

Local Kingston cops have spent the arvo visiting individual shearers households telling them not to work tomorrow! Allowed to draft off flyblown sheep and shear them with limited staff though. Our contractor hasn’t had a day off since July and now he gets put back 5 more days!

Few hours later all cleared up stock work deemed essential

Comment

Not messing about our state may be toughest in world at the moment.

Borders closed all around in and out.

Flights in and out domestic and international cancelled. But international basically at 2% of capacity anyway.

Only one family member allowed to leave house for food shopping etc.

No exercise allowed.

Hours and hours in line ups for testing.

No schools no sports.

Farmers though its still almost business as usual.

Funerals wedding banned again until further notice.

But in general people accepting of it.

Students from overseas banned months ago will continue.

Overseas incomers have been thevroot of every outbreak initially.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...