• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    I saw a tweet on Twitter why back in last November that said "Canola will be $23.00 per bu. by spring! You heard it here first."

Don't know who tweeted it but looks like they were right. Maybe one of you guys?

Was that a valuable piece of information!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Neighbor lady put a target in for 23 a bushel for immediate delivery and she triggered this am !

She says were celebrating tonite !

Dreams do come true !
      Be careful

Comment

Take a look at the satellite pictures tonight, wish that was heading our way, but NW Sask should get a drink tonight. First orange syatem I have seen this year.

Comment

If canola follows lumber it's got a fair bit of up side yet !

Comment

Don't get too excited. Just try to build something out of Lumber with canola proceeds you are actually less wealthy in Lumber terms. Canola will go to infinity a bushel in dollars but will it matter if the purchasing power of those dollars is zero.
            Last edited by biglentil; May 7, 2021, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              Don't get too excited. Just try to build something out of Lumber with canola proceeds you are actually less wealthy in Lumber terms. Canola will go to infinity a bushel in dollars but will it matter if the purchasing power of those dollars is zero.
              Sry bouncing in the tractor did not mean to like my own post.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Take a look at the satellite pictures tonight, wish that was heading our way, but NW Sask should get a drink tonight. First orange syatem I have seen this year.
                Lucky old furrow!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Bloody rain system is heading south. Lucky we get a drop. About like winning chase the ace.

Comment

Local crush pulled all bids yesterday.
                    Without a basis contract you wouldn't have been able to sell if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      Bloody rain system is heading south. Lucky we get a drop. About like winning chase the ace.
                      Same here
                      I thought you might get a shot
                      Just seen that camel 🐪 here again
                      He’s wearing a dust mask today ....

Comment

Local crusher also dropped basis from plus 57 i think to plus 10.

Comment

I noted the basis dropping and sold the rest for over $24. Good enough for me. If it keeps going up I'll sell more new crop. Seed is in the shed but we've received a nice shot of rain.

Comment

Imagine you are a jumpy BTO with bags on your rented land last fall and some leases to roll over, so you sell er all for $11, watch the price double over the winter, then get in a froth trying to get the next crop in the bin before its back to $11 again. Man there are going to be some jumpers if that happens.

I am convinced this canola price is more about speculation by traders and less about supply demand fundamentals. When traders get bored they pile into something else in mass. Canola is gamestop now.

Comment

Looking like the party is over for canola producers, basis has slid over $50 in the past few days at my 2 closest crushers. Board looks pretty red at this moment. We will see what this week brings, a rain next week could be hard on futures, no rain futures could go higher especially if farmers start returning bags.

Comment

Good info

https://www.zarchiver.pro/zarchiver-for-pc/ Zarchiver For PC

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...