• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backyarditis is a problem.

The thought I have a poor harvest so everybody is having a poor harvest, can cause one to reject the best prices of the year because it doesn't make the bottom line black enough.
    Also, one farmer is only kidding himself if he thinks he can get a good handle on world crop production all on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      We have local GrainCo that also crushes in the NE.
      Local posted bids are a dime to twenty cents higher than crusher delivered price.

Kind of a "HUH?" moment.
      Likely tells you where the best crops were this year

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        March 2021 chart
        Just one nearby resistance line and a bunch of support lines. (All lines below closing price are support)
        Black lines are boundaries for the recent trend higher. I should take them out because they are no longer in focus but it shows where prices have come from. As of today's close March is still outperforming the previous trend higher boundaries.
        Bout all the chart watchers can do now is see what happens this evening...
        Should add, significant volume today indicating rolling out of Jan contract but also price weakness.

[ATTACH]7184[/ATTACH]
        Those various lengths of tubes with fuses look a lot like dynamite sticks. So far none have been lit to blow old crop prices up. Please keep your lighter away from the chart, ie. "don't take them out".

Comment

Anyone pricing new crop?
          Viterra at 11.25 for Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Anyone pricing new crop?
            Viterra at 11.25 for Oct.
            I would have to see good April rains before I would be confident enough to price without an AOG.

Getting decent establishment is the first hurdle I need to clear, too damn dry here for my liking.

Comment

Bearish Doji in the March yesterday and today's price action is hinting that the trade is comfortable with the stocks of Canola for nearby sales. March - July spread narrowed $7

Comment

Canola sat down for a rest this morning, -14.00.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                  Canola sat down for a rest this morning, -14.00.
                  Wouldn't March be the Big Dog for the time being?

A local terminal is using March futures.

Comment

did some 11.75 sept oct . I think some exporter was short product so the was a run up in nearby deliveries. Was also listening to a US report saying soybeans don't spend much time in the 12 to 14 bracket ,it will go down or go to 15 who knows?

Comment

Just bringing this back to discuss marketing themes....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Just bringing this back to discuss marketing themes....
                        Soybeans up 30 cents this morning. Everything else green to very green. Rumours of China buying further ahead than typical for this time of year. Any other reasons to be assigned after the fact?

Comment

Buying before more Covid lockdowns around the world ?
                          Possible port closures in Jan ?

Comment

Good day to sell more canola.

$100/ tonne difference between Jan 2021 and Nov 2021.

Comment

Daily ups make it hard to roll my hedge program. First world problems LOL.
                              Pricing all physical in Mar capturing basis and inverse. Rolling equal paper into July.

Comment

Amazing isnt it the two extremes.

World prices on fire.

In Australia anyone with unsold canola unless contracted cannot get a cash price at moment.

Canada opposite, number of millionaire farmers growing each day as they sell canola.

Reality hitting hard here for barley canola and wheat a bit is shipping/shipping stem bottle neck/availability past march.. Traders cant trade if they cant ship it.

Just had a look news years day here 11am plenty of buyers posting cash prices wheat and barley zero for canola.
                                Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 31, 2020, 18:46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...