• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m glad to have agriville and other sources of info.

With out information, and communication canola price would still be at $10.10 bushel.

All that’s needed for a open market, democratic, marketing system in Canada is reporting of export sales, shipping month, and destination. This just seems reasonable and achievable. Not just canola but all commodities, if there are any more commodity board elections I will phone and survey those running and post the results.

Makes one wonder if say the Canola grower directors are aware of this issue? Are they voicing concerns for or against reporting, it would be nice to have a update on progress made to date ( besides what appears to be none).

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

With out information, and communication canola price would still be at $10.10 bushel.

All that’s needed for a open market, democratic, marketing system in Canada is reporting of export sales, shipping month, and destination. This just seems reasonable and achievable. Not just canola but all commodities, if there are any more commodity board elections I will phone and survey those running and post the results.

Makes one wonder if say the Canola grower directors are aware of this issue? Are they voicing concerns for or against reporting, it would be nice to have a update on progress made to date ( besides what appears to be none).
      I doubt it, probably all in palm springs already

Comment

CG mainly want us to grow twice as much for 1/4 the price. Seems fair as our ONLY concern should be to produce for the poor end user/markets/traders/buyers/RR.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

Oh no , not at all
          Simple pricks main goal is to get to 50 Mmt or 52 Bpa or some stupid fu ck - en thing ?
          Big her right down , take it down to $6:bushel
          And using your guys money to achieve it , not mine no more
          No thoughts at all about where it would go or how it will get there ??? Completely oblivious

Comment

Jan to July inverse is HUGE.

What is the basis in your nearby bids?

Comment

Were Approaching 14 dollars a bushel and that's the pull for me. I said since mid-summer the 2020 crop wasn't what the so-called experts were saying. I said our provincial Ag minister is full of shit and couldn't predict a bumper if his life depended on that.

The grain companies knew this and played along with the game as experts and sat know everything and stupid farmers don't know jack.

Well Canada and the USA are going to be out of both soy and canola by summer. Games will be played and they will want and say its wall to wall canola in 2021 to drive down the price.

Remember the goal of super acres was that we would all grow 55 and get paid 10 or less. They would still get paid huge dollars for seed.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Maybe the crushers already know they'll be out of canola by July, and will be shutdown for "maintenance."

No desire to chase canola for July delivery, when December offerings are already at, or close to $14.00

Comment

February delivery anywhere from -15 to -34 basis March

Comment

14.15 for March bid from Graincorp Vegreville this morning. Actually beats my best canola sale ever of 14.13 which occurred in Apr 2012.

Comment

Where is the next line of resistance for March futures? Up to 630.80 and backed off this morning. 635-640 ?

Comment

What is the basis in your nearby bids?
                        0 to -15

Comment

We have local GrainCo that also crushes in the NE.
                          Local posted bids are a dime to twenty cents higher than crusher delivered price.

Kind of a "HUH?" moment.

Comment

This made me laugh. Doesn’t matter the country, doesn’t matter the association, doesn’t matter the commodity, it’s almost word for word 😆

Comment

We have local GrainCo that also crushes in the NE.
                              Local posted bids are a dime to twenty cents higher than crusher delivered price.
                              Sounds like there is a ship somewhere, waiting for canola seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                                This made me laugh. Doesn’t matter the country, doesn’t matter the association, doesn’t matter the commodity, it’s almost word for word 😆

So true.

It always seem that farmers should be(or would be) the first to know "we're having a smaller harvest",,, yet it also seems like farmers are the last to know there's been a smaller harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...