• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Choppers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Choppers

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0064.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	779533

That's asking a lot from that little flat head rated at 70 hp

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	779534

Not much belt/pulley contact area on that drive pulley, but momentum must have got you through the low spots. Dust, extreme heat and cold, and definitely whiskey in the thermos, I think men were tougher then.

......crops were probably alot lighter then. And swaths alot smaller. Although some vintage photos show some good crops.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 15, 2020, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      ......crops were probably alot lighter then. And swaths slot smaller. Although some vintage photos show some good crops.
      Also not cutting and spreading 45' at a time. Always amazed me about how far weve come yet reality is things havent changed that much, only gotten supersized.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        ......crops were probably alot lighter then. And swaths alot smaller. Although some vintage photos show some good crops.
        Back when this deep black soil had 12% om, it released a pile of nutrients. Our history book has stories of 140 bushel oat crops...

But yeah, generally would have been smaller crops.

Comment

Brings back memories of nearly freezing to death.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
            [ATTACH]7018[/ATTACH]

That's asking a lot from that little flat head rated at 70 hp

[ATTACH]7019[/ATTACH]

Not much belt/pulley contact area on that drive pulley, but momentum must have got you through the low spots. Dust, extreme heat and cold, and definitely whiskey in the thermos, I think men were tougher then.
            OOPS, I mean no alcohol whisky which would be safe for operating heavy equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
              OOPS, I mean no alcohol whisky which would be safe for operating heavy equipment.
              Kids were smarter than too. Not too many lost their finger from those pulleys spinning by their right elbow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...