• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon tax

Anyone checkout their gas bill for drying grain
    Carbon tax on ours is 70% of the cost of the gas used ???????????? plus GST
    HELLO APAS , ARE YOU OUT THERE???????????
    SASK PARTY , HELLO ???????????
    Ralph you lying trough licker , good nut kick to farmers

They can’t even do the other half of the equation. I want my $100/acre for carbon sequestration.

Comment

If an RM contributes to APE ASS, maybe we should make it a voluntary check-off and be able to apply for a refund of the levy against your land.

I'm assuming one councillor of our RM, who happened to become the APE ASS Rep....and "one" of the Vice Presidents of APE ASS, pushed for our RM to be a contributing member. In an RM with a healthy Balance Sheet, whats afew bucks blown on such a worthy cause....

How much were the per diems?

Comment

NFU smiling ear to ear right now .... oh , I mean chuck and friends

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Anyone checkout their gas bill for drying grain
          Carbon tax on ours is 70% of the cost of the gas used ???????????? plus GST
          HELLO APAS , ARE YOU OUT THERE???????????
          SASK PARTY , HELLO ???????????
          Ralph you lying trough licker , good nut kick to farmers
          Not doubting you but hard for us that don't dry to understand how Carbon tax % on drying is so much more than on any other gas use. Can you show and explain a sample of your bill to help out?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
            Not doubting you but hard for us that don't dry to understand how Carbon tax % on drying is so much more than on any other gas use. Can you show and explain a sample of your bill to help out?
            don't you have a heating bill ? all NG is taxed the same , about 10 times more than electrical i will dig it up and post it
            and i am talking just on GAS USED, which is what we are supposedly being taxed on , not on the pipelines and infrastructure
            gas used - 5115 m3, gas cost - $511, carbon tax -$301
            Last edited by Guest; Nov 10, 2020, 20:31.

Comment

This tax is such an assault on farms it’s not funny. The drying bill is in our face-I dry w propane and it’s significant like about $170 every 3 days. The rate is much higher on NG relative to the cost of the fuel. Then there is the multiplying effect of the tax involved in all the inputs machinery etc, and on the grain handling/transport out. The total is big despite what Bobo said.
              Not sure about going too hard on APAS about it-they put together some decent cost totals of this bullshit tax. The feds won’t listen, don’t care about farms except how much wealth can be mined from them.
              We are screwed if this thing doesn’t get rolled back.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                This tax is such an assault on farms it’s not funny. The drying bill is in our face-I dry w propane and it’s significant like about $170 every 3 days. The rate is much higher on NG relative to the cost of the fuel. Then there is the multiplying effect of the tax involved in all the inputs machinery etc, and on the grain handling/transport out. The total is big despite what Bobo said.
                Not sure about going too hard on APAS about it-they put together some decent cost totals of this bullshit tax. The feds won’t listen, don’t care about farms except how much wealth can be mined from them.
                We are screwed if this thing doesn’t get rolled back.
                i guess they need to take a page from the ontario farm group and make more noise, instead of *****footing around , they wanted the job
                after all they are our farm reps
                it seems like NG is taxed the highest out of any heating fuel ? not sure about coal though
                its actually cheaper , carbon tax wise, to dry with diesel , let that sink in
                the reason propane is taxed lower is because the east heats with it
                Last edited by Guest; Nov 10, 2020, 20:47.

Comment

Cheeper than diesel is probably wheat, crunch the numbers burning wheat is fairly cheep.

Comment

All the noise GFO is making gets them is a door slammed in their face. Sounds good to the membership like they are doing something but results are elusive.
                    At least APAS has had the meetings and conveyed the message, but to deaf ears. Won’t change til the govt gets changed imo.
                    Canola growers did a 180 flip on this renewable fuels standard crap, Tier 2 carbon tax. That is irresponsible farm ‘leadership’. Drool over a few tonne domestic govt created market and accept more tax on all the export millions of tonnes...ffs

Comment

I think APAS did all they could to fight the carbon tax, the provincial Sask government is currently challenging it at the Supreme Court.
                      It would be good to hear some negative (GFO style) ads during the next federal election.

Trudeau, Booboo, McKenna, Goodale (NFU advising him) wanted to punish us because they hate farmers, energy industry, Western Canada. 🖕🏻

Comment

"Trudeau, Booboo, McKenna, Goodale (NFU advising him) wanted to punish us because they hate farmers, energy industry, Western Canada."

Absolutely, I've said that many times, real hate on for primary producers of anything!
                        And F*CK U NFU and friends!
                        And only getting WORSE with bastard Climate scaremongers like these... https://weatherfarm.com/2020/11/changes-to-food-system-needed-to-slow-global-warming/ https://weatherfarm.com/2020/11/changes-to-food-system-needed-to-slow-global-warming/
                        Last edited by fjlip; Nov 10, 2020, 23:22.

Comment

There was a simple solution that Scott Moe and Brad Wall could have implemented and chose not to. That was designing a carbon tax system that rebated all the carbon tax farmers paid on drying grain or charging no carbon tax at all on grain drying.

In their wisdom the Sask Party chose not to impose a made in Saskatchewan system, even though they have a carbon tax on large emitters.

So you can send a thank you to Scotty Moe for preferring to play east west political games instead of making good decisions. It seems as they don't have to make good decisions, because they take the farm vote for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            There was a simple solution that Scott Moe and Brad Wall could have implemented and chose not to. That was designing a carbon tax system that rebated all the carbon tax farmers paid on drying grain or charging no carbon tax at all on grain drying.

In their wisdom the Sask Party chose not to impose a made in Saskatchewan system, even though they have a carbon tax on large emitters.

So you can send a thank you to Scotty Moe for preferring to play east west political games instead of making good decisions. It seems as they don't have to make good decisions, because they take the farm vote for granted.
                            The answer is they don’t give a shit about farmers it was worth more to them politically to make this grandstand symbolism of defiance which they knew they would lose anyway. They got the stooges votes and farmers suffer to pay.
                            Although if they were in charge do you really think they would have rebated it or pocketed it into general revenue?

Comment

I’m sure the dweeb from the NDP would have done the same.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...