• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm ranch related

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm ranch related

The missus has started watching heartlands on netflix watched first two episodes Last night.

Wasnt to bad.

See in the credits Canadian film corporation or the likes. Said to her at start this is either ab bc or montan looking country side.

Still going over there?

Guess real ranchers horse people etc hate it

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    The missus has started watching heartlands on netflix watched first two episodes Last night.

Wasnt to bad.

See in the credits Canadian film corporation or the likes. Said to her at start this is either ab bc or montan looking country side.

Still going over there?

Guess real ranchers horse people etc hate it
    yes alberta , high river and calgary .started in07 , on 14 th season now
    a few canadian actresses, actors , including that shiny black haired one
    Last edited by Guest; Nov 7, 2020, 17:48.

Comment

Watch Hell on Wheels. Was filmed around Cochrane area

Comment

I think it's a bit of a teenage girl soap opera so not my cup of tea but know 3 old fellows in their 70s that watch it religiously.

Filmed about 90 mins from here, I know some of the people that work on it. Actually quite a bit of film work in AB now. Lots of western stuff in the west of Calgary areas. Didsbury is my closest town and there have been pretty much a movie a year filmed in town using the main street and hospital. Interesting to see but a bit frustrating when streets are blocked off.

Interesting also is a bunch of local cowboys and chuck wagon drivers have ventured into doing stunts for the films.
        Last edited by GDR; Nov 7, 2020, 19:06.

Comment

Just finished Hell on Wheels. It’s good.

Heartland always makes me want it to be summer though. Definitely some familiar views and places in it!

Wait until season 13? 14? When they come out to the Gopher Hole museum. I may live right here but the most I’ve seen of the Gopher Hole is on that show 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            I think it's a bit of a teenage girl soap opera so not my cup of tea but know 3 old fellows in their 70s that watch it religiously.

Filmed about 90 mins from here, I know some of the people that work on it. Actually quite a bit of film work in AB now. Lots of western stuff in the west of Calgary areas. Didsbury is my closest town and there have been pretty much a movie a year filmed in town using the main street and hospital. Interesting to see but a bit frustrating when streets are blocked off.
            Drumheller is a hotspot lately too.

Kid from around here was an extra in the new movie with Diane Lane. She held the door open for him to a shop in a scene. He said thank you, got it shit as he’s not supposed to talk. Sounds so Canadian!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Heartland always makes me want it to be summer though. Definitely some familiar views and places in it!

Wait until season 13? 14? When they come out to the Gopher Hole museum. I may live right here but the most I’ve seen of the Gopher Hole is on that show 😂😂
              Never been in the gopher museum either, have heard it is quite good though. Is the salt and pepper diner still going out there? Used to be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                Never been in the gopher museum either, have heard it is quite good though. Is the salt and pepper diner still going out there? Used to be pretty good.
                No, just the pizza place. I think anyway, haven’t had pizza from there for years. Don’t drive that direction for work anymore so can’t recall if I’ve seen the sign!

Comment

Kid from around here was an extra in the new movie with Diane Lane. She held the door open for him to a shop in a scene. He said thank you, got it shit as he’s not supposed to talk. Sounds so Canadian!
                  Ya that one they used the hospital here for. Also has kevin kostner so some big names for small town ab. I'm excited to see it just to see if I can recognize anyone the landmarks.

Comment

Friend of mine had some vehicles used in that movie, including one that used to be ours. Worked with the cast and crew. Said Kevin Costner is a really nice down to earth guy.

Comment

A while back there was reality show American Farmer I think very average very scripted like all reality tv

Is only agriville could be made into a tv show fair share of characters of all descriptions on here.

Comment

Mallee, I bet you would love Letterkenny. More eastern Ontario but so fun. It's on demand Crave TV here. Yo ho yo ho piratebay life for me can find it too.

Comment

Got Netflix and base Foxtel package.

Was after Yellowstone with k Costner but that’s Stan not Netflix

Comment

Saw the Percy movie last , week .
                            Almost walked out after 10 minutes.
                            Every time he was combing, it was
                            Raining or snowing.
                            It was OK ,i thought it would be horrid.
                            It alluded to the danger of corporations
                            Owning all the seed . But missed the mark
                            On conveying the real danger.

Comment

You live beside Torrington and haven’t put a toonie in the pot and toured the museum?? The kids really liked it when we stopped by a few years ago and checked it out. Also took a picture of the kids in a telephone booth there too since they’re nearly extinct. Your fire hydrants are quite unique as well. 😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...