• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manitoba Ag Minister Pans Ag Stability Reforms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba Ag Minister Pans Ag Stability Reforms

https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news-opinion/news/manitoba-ag-minister-pedersen-pans-agristability-reform/ https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news-opinion/news/manitoba-ag-minister-pedersen-pans-agristability-reform/

Looks like all the prairie provinces don’t want to spend any more money.

Comment

That definitely is the reality of the situation, both federal and provincial governments do not have the will to go back to AgriStability before Ritz and Harper gutted it. In its present form they might as well cut it and it would no longer be viewed as a subsidy. I'm not sure how many farmer belong to the program any more but my guess would be well under 50%.

Comment

Sask Ag Minister said the province would have to look at the cost to the provincial treasury....fn bullshit. ...a few months ago they committed 4.5 billion to 350 farmers who are too fn cheap to build the irrigation project themselves....

Comment

It's a subsidy alright...... to the management and employees who administer it.
          Nothing but a job creation scam designed to collect data.

Comment

With both cattle and grain, truly a waste of time. I withdrew from it about 4 years ago.

Comment

I wish they would just go back to old formulas for Agri-Ivest.

Comment

I quit sending in information when they made their major changes to the program. They pestered me for the admin fee for about three years. I never paid and they have since left me alone. Totally useless program that should be cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  With both cattle and grain, truly a waste of time. I withdrew from it about 4 years ago.
                  I am straight grain and it is still useless.

Comment

You would be cashing the check from your auction long before you would receive any money from that program.

Comment

Mr Ostrich Ritz Cracker did a great job destroying AgInvest and AgStab. Yet there is at least one farmer from Manitoba here on Agriville with his head so far up his ass that agrees Ritz should be in the Agriculture Hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                        I am straight grain and it is still useless.
                        Well wouldn’t you know it. My fat fingers were in the wrong place again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                          Well wouldn’t you know it. My fat fingers were in the wrong place again.
                          Yes we need an unlike button
                          Especially when we accidentally like a leftard post

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            Mr Ostrich Ritz Cracker did a great job destroying AgInvest and AgStab. Yet there is at least one farmer from Manitoba here on Agriville with his head so far up his ass that agrees Ritz should be in the Agriculture Hall of fame.
                            Ag Hall of Fame? ...not. Ag Hall of Shame? Absolutely.

Nothing wrong with having the open market.....just very poorly implemented.

The AgStab program was a huge potential liability to the Fed and Prov government. They thought they had to reduce their risk. Some reference margins were probably too healthy and a major production or price reduction could have cost them dearly. But they didn't have to gut it into redundancy!!!!!

Comment

You have to look at who was involved when the changes were made by the conservatives...

Lianne Rood and Devin Dreeshen were Ritz's apprentices....they would have to admit their mistakes before going forward....

Those two and many others thought the changes would help the industry ....but didn't really understand farmer's needs....and the issue of generations...

They wanted larger farms with transient workers that create a whole new set of issues...as in helping BTOs find and fund TFWs......

Really no vision for farmers then , now or into the future....and the issues are obvious...

You have guys like Townsend predicting big crops.....

And other that cant figure out why prices are at decades highs...Chuck Penner...

Those two are not working for decade old wages and probably haven't bought farm machinery or inputs lately...

And they dont seem to have have the understanding of the impact of the 75 billion Trump has thrown at farmers and distorting the market...

Hope that weaves into some kind of narrative....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...