• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 crop plans????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 crop plans????

Anyone want to discuss next year ...put out their rough plans and revisit the same topic in March to see how it changes...

I think Canadian stocks will be very low by next July...witnessed by the record movement...

All crops could be a winner...

Some guys might chase the high prices of flax...I suspect acres will be up next year...

Lentils look like a good bet if India continues to need them ....suspect low stocks by harvest and the market should be wanting them by harvest ...

Wheat ...if China continues to buy secretly from Canada without the rest of the world or canadian farmers knowing

Durum ...low stocks in that as well..

Canola ....no idea ...thats a rich man's game...but the crop wasn't there this year...I might have to take a chance on it....

so ....the current seeding plans dont change much for my farm...

Maybe reduce the flax a bit. Wheat and durum and lentils...25 percent of each for now....Watch the numbers for a while and see what needs adjusting...

And here is hoping for a harvest run like this year...no panics..just an easy pace...

And a few more cattle, there may be some deals on breds coming...

2021...to be continued....

disclaimer : I think this qualifies for a marketing thread????????

Wash, rinse, repeat........

Comment

Lentils and durum should be good no matter what acres are seeded here. Will be increasing.

Canola they will be out by January should lock some in to at least be able to move some off combine.

Flax could see mega acres relatively speaking for the crop if there is seed for a mega crop could be a boom or total bust.

Canary not sure it has to be minimum .30 to even consider drought plus canary = 0 return there is no canary left or will be none and still a shitty price for multiple bad years. Too much manipulation by middlemen. Too bad

Peas have had enough of the disease and chemical caused disease. Will be out

Barley will see how dry

Wheat maybe potential there also

Comment

More grass. More perennial forage.

Comment

I'll keep my rotation the same as I have for the past 20. I don't chase market trends but do what's best for my soul and soil. So it'll be approximately 4000 acres of canola, 300 of cwrs wheat and 500 of cps.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
            I'll keep my rotation the same as I have for the past 20. I don't chase market trends but do what's best for my soul and soil. So it'll be approximately 4000 acres of canola, 300 of cwrs wheat and 500 of cps.
            I hope that’s a typo. 😉

Comment

My little operation will probably stay the course as have done last 5 years. Guess probably won’t seed more alfalfa and have some grass breaking. Going to try direct seeding canola into sprayed hay land. Usually do oats but too far from home for my junk to keep up.

Comment

2021 will be roughly the same as we always do. Anytime I’ve tried to chase a market it usually backfired so we tend to stay the course.
                I agree that the cupboards for food supply chain will be bare by next summer, governments of the world are building stocks and are not going to be caught with out food supply for their population if they can help it.
                Fertilizer prices are down for next years crop and looks like a reasonable fuel price should be available.
                The one unknown is weather and we are extremely dry right now.
                If the weather cooperates should be a reasonable chance for profit?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  I hope that’s a typo. 😉
                  Or sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                    Or sarcasm
                    3 year rotation for this squadron

Lentils, snow, lentils.

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                      3 year rotation for this squadron

Lentils, snow, lentils.

Iceman out
                      Input takes your lentils then?

Comment

Sorry over and out

Comment

Renting the other half pencils the best.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Sorry over and out
                            No. They weren’t interested in being 4th security inline on my old worn out old tractor.

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                              No. They weren’t interested in being 4th security inline on my old worn out old tractor.

Iceman
                              You forgot to sign off but anyway was that a Belarus? They took 7 th in line to my ****shutt
                              Over out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...