• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Braces for Major Weekend Storm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regina Braces for Major Weekend Storm

Possible 50 cm. Get the ski-doos ready.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Possible 50 cm. Get the ski-doos ready.
    WN says 25cm. Where are you seeing 50 because thats insane.

Comment

It will be somewhere around there guys. Weather forecasters and politicians belong in the same category of “Useless”! Forecasting is worse than 30 years ago.

Comment

Environment wealth transfer Canada can’t get it right very often

Comment

Saw on Global News. Gotta get those winter tires on tomorrow.

Comment

Even Lerner sent out a special weather statement.
            I hope all the hype doesn't end up being a bust(dust) for us.
            Alot of snow early can make for a very long winter.....especially for stranded Snow Birds.
            I'll take it!

I should take a soil temperature, maybe it will be warm enough to melt some of it.

Soil probe still went in while testing.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Even Lerner sent out a special weather statement.
              I hope all the hype doesn't end up being a bust(dust) for us.
              Alot of snow early can make for a very long winter.....especially for stranded Snow Birds.
              I'll take it!

I should take a soil temperature, maybe it will be warm enough to melt some of it.

Soil probe still went in while testing.
              My guess is ....if the predicted 25cm of snow comes it will insulate the ground and allow the warmer ground to melt it in over a few days...JMHO....

There won't be much of a hay crop next year without something set in this fall or some early spring rains....

hauling bales yesterday ...nothing has regrown since being cut in July....nothing to catch any snow...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                My guess is ....if the predicted 25cm of snow comes it will insulate the ground and allow the warmer ground to melt it in over a few days...JMHO....

There won't be much of a hay crop next year without something set in this fall or some early spring rains....

hauling bales yesterday ...nothing has regrown since being cut in July....nothing to catch any snow...
                Hoping my nemesis, the wind, doesn't blow it all into Manitoba. We straight cut our wheat so we have half decent stubble height. Canola stubble is always taller but not as tall as some years. Even flax stubble will hold snow. And then there's peas "stubble".... but the soil sampler said it already had the most moisture in it(crop terminated beginning of August with little to no regrowth), but a wee bit is more than "nothing".

Hope it's wet heavy snow the wind can't just blow away.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 6, 2020, 06:07.

Comment

Just watch the grain prices go down now that next years crop is guaranteed according to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                    Just watch the grain prices go down now that next years crop is guaranteed according to the experts.
                    Was thinking the same thing. Was thinking about pricing another load of canola but its already on the way down.

Maybe just keep the bins locked like someone else suggested?

Comment

I think the Canadian crop is bought already....Many guys booked production to cover inputs and found out the production was gone ....I think the price should remain firm once those contracts are filled and the next train can't be filled ....

I expect my marketing reps to start calling after the weather gets shitty...

Comment

A chance some precipitation in southern areas may fall as rain/sleet so less snow but some rain.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                          A chance some precipitation in southern areas may fall as rain/sleet so less snow but some rain.
                          Shouldn't complain but...... OH YAY....WORLD'S LARGEST OUTDOOR SKATING RINK.... here we come!

Comment

I'd rather take the rain/ice than have 40cm of snow blowing into huge piles.

Comment

They are still predicting 20-50 cm. But the satellite shows the storm south of the border-again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...