• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Hummer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
    Another half baked absolutely stupid response.

Pray tell... How do you crush canola without electricity?

Last I checked you used electric motors to drive the expellers, heaters, and pumps required to turn the raw product into useable fuel.

I need to stop coming here. My brain cells die every time I read this bullshit.
    Holy Moses.

I do my best to dumb down the site.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Holy Moses.

I do my best to dumb down the site.
      And I can happily report that your best efforts are spectacularly unsuccessful - simply because it would be impossible to write on a level that would be understandable by someone who is one neuron short of forming a synapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
        Another half baked absolutely stupid response.

Pray tell... How do you crush canola without electricity?

Last I checked you used electric motors to drive the expellers, heaters, and pumps required to turn the raw product into useable fuel.

I need to stop coming here. My brain cells die every time I read this bullshit.
        Bahahaha. That was too easy. I guess I should have put the LOL, LMAO on. (Or not) Lighten up. Things get too serious on here.

Comment

$116k USD for Hummer (350+ miles range)
          $70k USD for Cybertruck (500+ miles range)

This is going to be a hard decision...

Comment

Every time a see a guy in a hummer i think , boy that guy must be ill equipped
            Who in **** would want one ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              Every time a see a guy in a hummer i think , boy that guy must be ill equipped
              Who in **** would want one ?
              Probably the same guy that needs to pull that $200,000 wake Board boat to the lake twice a year to burn $300 worth of gas per day ? Just a guess ... regardless there will be buyers for sure. It will be just a status symbol more than anything.

Comment

But, but 0 to 60 in 3.0 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  Ya true , be awesome to get away from cops for the thieves around here I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                    Would traction allow for that? Wheels may be moving that fast but would the vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Would traction allow for that? Wheels may be moving that fast but would the vehicle?
                      The new electric Porsche is in that ball park as well .
                      Again not for us 99% lol

Comment

Don’t know but sure would like to try.

Comment

I’m still waiting for diesel electric tractors. Fuel savings and less moving parts. Locomotives have been that way for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            I’m still waiting for diesel electric tractors. Fuel savings and less moving parts. Locomotives have been that way for decades.
                            Must be reasons why that isnt done. Never really thought about it but makes sense. Diesel over hydraulic drive is so common but there is a loss or efficiency with that set up, not to mention the downtime and repair costs of hydraulic leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              Must be reasons why that isnt done. Never really thought about it but makes sense. Diesel over hydraulic drive is so common but there is a loss or efficiency with that set up, not to mention the downtime and repair costs of hydraulic leaks.
                              Size and weight of motors vs power, and motor controls has been an issue.

Comment

Looks like the Nissan Leaf is now considered a disposable vehicle. Battery not available, or costs more that the car is worth, 80km range, without using heater or defrost.
                                https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/owner-of-all-electric-nissan-leaf-frustrated-by-difficulty-of-getting-new-battery/ar-BB1aoreB https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/owner-of-all-electric-nissan-leaf-frustrated-by-difficulty-of-getting-new-battery/ar-BB1aoreB

And that is coming from the CBC.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...