• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMC 1000 HP Convertible Super Truck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
    Tow around a genset lol.
    Powered by a diesel engine?

Comment

I thought Agco Rogator was working on electric motor final drives. Of course had to have a diesel engine to drive the generator.

Haven't heard anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I thought Agco Rogator was working on electric motor final drives. Of course had to have a diesel engine to drive the generator.

Haven't heard anymore.

They are on the market in Europe.

Diesel electric is proven. Every freight train in NA. The APUs in planes. Mining trucks. The big shovels in coal mines

HP is torque * rpm.

Electric motors are capable of massive torque an same.torque at all rpm. Doesn't mean they need it or Ned to use it all the time.

Because a motor can make 11k ft lbs doesn tmean it has to. They don't loose efficiency like diesel. Quit thinking like diesel.

The hummer EV can add 100 miles of range in 10 minutes of charging. Petro Canada has supercharger stations going up everywhere.

Peavy mart has charging in Humboldt. As does Boston pizza.

I posted about future axial flux motors years ago and everyone told me I'm nuts and it's a pipe dream. Guess what the hummer runs on. 😂 Technology is amazing and it evolves ever faster.

Today's phone has more processing power than the desktop computer of a decade ago... And it runs in a battery smaller than a half pack of cigarettes.

Also the wheel motors are regenerative. Every time you touch the brakes that friction is converted back to electricity and stored. In a conventional vehicle it is converted to heat and wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Owning and using an electric vehicle would take some true planning with their current capabilities.

You can drive from Regina to Calgary on a tank of fuel(depending on.....) but 560 kms on a single charge of that Hummer and how much time to top the batteries enough to get the rest of the way there? Then charge again.

I wonder how long it would take before the fleet of ambulances, police vehicles or fire trucks are completely electric.
          Will that be the true test of "dependability" over fossil fuels.

Time to recharge and travel range, convenience, reliabily and dependability will all have to meet petrol drive standards. Hopefully excede them in the future.

It may evolve to surpass the status quo.

I think understand the hp and torque capabilities(What electric is capable of)...... its just over kill for the application they are applying it to.

For passenger vehicles..... lower those two factors in exchange for more travel distance on the same charge. Efficiency should be the goal.

An electric vehicle's ability to self charge or partially self charge(through some sort of a low energy consuming self contained generator) to increase its travel range would be a huge game changer.
          On a thread last year on electric vehicles I said the same thing then I realized an electric vehicle with self contained generating capability is a hybrid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...