• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favourite solar power article of the day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
    I did my part, plants 40 trees, how are the rest of you doing.
    I cancelled your 40, and a few thousand more every year. But since trees don't release CO2 when burned*, it doesn't matter how many I pile and burn.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      too add to the lunacy
      a short ton of coal has 20 million BTU
      a short ton of wood chips has 1 million BTU
      What amazes me with a quick bit of googling it is easy to find articles pointing out how ridiculous this practice of converting coal burning electrical plants to wood pellets really is. It produces more C02 than coal, one of the reasons relates back to what caseih points out, wood pellets are less energy dense than coal. The environmental movement never ceases to amaze me and not in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
        I did my part, plants 40 trees, how are the rest of you doing.
        i knocked about 5000 done in the last two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          What amazes me with a quick bit of googling it is easy to find articles pointing out how ridiculous this practice of converting coal burning electrical plants to wood pellets really is. It produces more C02 than coal, one of the reasons relates back to what caseih points out, wood pellets are less energy dense than coal. The environmental movement never ceases to amaze me and not in a good way.
          and remember every ton has to be transported across the ocean with diesel fuel spewing tons of C02 at 5% the BTU efficiency once it gets there
          but it will make perfect sense to wingnut, leftard libtard idiots
          you can't make this horseshit up
          Last edited by Guest; Oct 27, 2020, 22:33.

Comment

The flax straw guys are tryjng to make in roads into the biomass fuel market.
            Claims made that it has more BTUs than waste wood biomass.
            Kinda a waste seeing it go up in smoke in the field every fall.

Funny biodegradable landscape construction fabric isn't made with flax fibre.

I'm applying for both utility and design patents.

Comment

Enjoying the info from both sides.
              I wonder with trees , crop residue
              Etc. Even if you do not burn them .
              Do they not decompose And produce
              CO2 some where along the line.
              There is a cycle
              If a tree falls in the forest and is not
              Burnt, how much CO2 is produced by its decomposition.
              Eventuly there will be a forest fire ,
              To release that carbon anyway .If it has not been
              Burnt for heat in the mean time.
              I can see coal oil and nat gas burning as being
              a contributor, since that carbon
              Is brought out of long long term storage.
              That is my 2 cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                The flax straw guys are tryjng to make in roads into the biomass fuel market.
                Claims made that it has more BTUs than waste wood biomass.
                Kinda a waste seeing it go up in smoke in the field every fall.

Funny biodegradable landscape construction fabric isn't made with flax fibre.

I'm applying for both utility and design patents.
                You could start a new thread with your enterprise.

So you are planning on linen your pockets.

Spin us another line.

If you get it going, we could call you the The Big Wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spinning wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	770296

Sorry but it's early and only 2 coffees so far.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  New coal plant being built at Crowsnest Pass?
                  Pretty sure it is a strip mine for shipping coal on rail. Don’t think it will generate power in Alberta.

Already a few other mines doing this in the crowsnest/ elk valley.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    You could start a new thread with your enterprise.

So you are planning on linen your pockets.

Spin us another line.

If you get it going, we could call you the The Big Wheel.

[ATTACH]6892[/ATTACH]

Sorry but it's early and only 2 coffees so far.
                    I'd like to see what more coffee would provoke.

Comment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-05/new-tesla-battery-for-moorabool-victoria/12851698

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
                        https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-05/new-tesla-battery-for-moorabool-victoria/12851698
                        So they will spend $84 million on a battery facility that will run 500000 homes for 1 hour. The biggest city in Victoria State is Melbourne at roughly 4.9 million people. So the battery would last 15-20 minutes powering Melbourne. In Alberta when it is -30 in January with maybe 6 hours of sun how many batteries would it take to get Edmonton or Calgary through the night? Or what if we all switched to electric heat like those who promote the green new deal would like us to? Fml take a reality pill please!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          So they will spend $84 million on a battery facility that will run 500000 homes for 1 hour. The biggest city in Victoria State is Melbourne at roughly 4.9 million people. So the battery would last 15-20 minutes powering Melbourne. In Alberta when it is -30 in January with maybe 6 hours of sun how many batteries would it take to get Edmonton or Calgary through the night? Or what if we all switched to electric heat like those who promote the green new deal would like us to? Fml take a reality pill please!
                          We will be Venezuela 2.0

Comment

Just saw this in answer to questions posed above regarding burning wood pellets:
                            these factors in combination result in an additional, instantaneous CO2 release into the atmosphere of about 3.6 times that produced by burning Natural Gas for the same power output.
                            However the UK Policy to transition to imported Biomass, rather than Coal, generating ~7% of its power output at the Drax site adds the major part of excess CO2 emissions, ~29million tonnes per year for only 7% of power output. On the other hand the maximum potential CO2 reduction achieved by the use of Weather Dependent Renewables, (Wind and Solar) is about 20 million tonnes per year, (ignoring the CO2 output essential for their manufacture installation and maintenance).

Thus the policy to use of Biomass in the UK more than cancels out any potential CO2 emissions savings made by the use of Weather Dependent Renewables, (Wind and Solar).
                            https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/11/the-contradictions-of-green-policies-to-limit-co2-emissions/ https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/11/the-contradictions-of-green-policies-to-limit-co2-emissions/
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 11, 2020, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Just saw this in answer to questions posed above regarding burning wood pellets:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/11/the-contradictions-of-green-policies-to-limit-co2-emissions/ https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/11/the-contradictions-of-green-policies-to-limit-co2-emissions/
                              you can't make this shit up
                              and all the sheeple follow their leader
                              not to mention all the poor trees

Comment

https://cleantechnica-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/cleantechnica.com/2020/11/19/solar-panels-agriculture-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...