• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Happenings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it'll do more than 3. Let us know

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      I think it'll do more than 3. Let us know
      Nah doubt it , if it does will run down streets of my home town naked......only two streets and mostly a near ghost town at times.

So I’m safe.

Hey don’t brag don’t lie but yeah occasional good hearted bullshitting, but I do have some nice wheat we’re itching to get into 3 even four weeks away yet.

Dreaded lanina weather cycle means wet harvest. Already shocking in one state gonna be testing time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5CBAB624-BFC3-47A4-8405-6A562306A49B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	770314

Click image for larger version

Name:	795A083F-61AC-42D3-AD5E-06F95FC93DBC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	770315

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          [ATTACH]6917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6918[/ATTACH]
          If you get your bales picked there should be grazing for your sheep. It’s still pretty green.

Comment

PRICES for wheat and barley have fallen by up to $35 per tonne this week as growers accelerate their sales of grain off the header, and amid concerns that China will close its door on further purchases of new-crop Australian wheat.

China has already suspended barley imports from two Australian grain exporters, CBH Grain and Emerald Grain, and many within the trade believe it is only a matter of time before China declares a problem with Australian wheat.

Basically our PM and maybe johnson in uk are thenonly one leftvquestion anything china does.
            Farmers bearvthe brunt of chinese anger.

Out wool market dependant on china is currently having weekly swings of up to 12% up and down Reply With Quote

Comment

Update sorry been busy.

Wheat has come of around $20 to $25 per tonne.

Feed. Barlety about $12.

Canola steady.

Comment

Still no go here.

Oddly barley prices heading north again.

Comment

Strength continues in oilseeds and pulses and cereals are mainly in a holding pattern for now here .
                  Good to see post harvest gains for the first time in many years .
                  Glad to be selling into an open market to capture decent prices when the opportunity is there .
                  A lot of selling going on both in old and new crop.
                  New crop just starting , and at decent levels already . A fair amount of forward pricing has been done for next fall already. At least some good opportunities are available for a change with the addition of a few more buyers in the market like Grains Connect and G3 In this area .
                  Grain buyers actually bidding for grain is a welcome change here in the freedom of the open market .
                  Still need to have sales reporting like you have in Australia Mallee .

Comment

Delivering feed Barley for $195.60 tonne to NE Sask. inland terminal as they call them. Used to be Elevators.
                    No green or beer to show in a picture.Seemed like a decent price at the time.

Comment

[QUOTE=seldomseen;473652]Delivering feed Barley for $195.60 tonne to NE Sask. inland terminal as they call them. Used to be Elevators.
                      No green or beer to show in a picture.Seemed like a decent price at the time. [/QUOTE

Looks snowy and cold or is the excess urea at a fert terminal

Comment

Actually Mallee it felt warm if you in the sunshine and out of the wind.

Comment

Sunday here 10.30 am.

Buyers light-on the ground today only 7 operating.

42c the forecast anyone who harvests are mentally challenged and will get a call from local fire services i hope if they try to harvest

Canola inching towards $600 on farm spread between wheat and barley narrowing wheat falling barley rising.

Legumes peas faba beans lupins flat nomarket movement but above average on offer.
                          Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 14, 2020, 18:19.

Comment

Sunday here 10.30 am.

Buyers light-on the ground today only 7 operating.

42c the forecast anyone who harvests are mentally challenged and will get a call from local fire services i hope if they try to harvest

Canola inching towards $600 on farm spread between wheat and barley narrowing wheat falling barley rising.

Legumes peas faba beans lupins flat nomarket movement but above average on offer.
                            $600 canola............. been a loooooong time since that happened here. You can do about $525 picked up here now which is really decent in my eyes.

P.S. How did your “2.99” tonne crop end up when you finished it? Although with rounding we all know where that puts it.............😉

Comment

Nope left it for moment.

Rounding you referring to arithmetic or the nudey run.........

Comment

Nope left it for moment.

Rounding you referring to arithmetic or the nudey run.........
                                I was referring to the arithmetic............. the nudey run is a byproduct of that result 😉

I just noticed you said seven buyers on a Sunday?? Heck we hardly have seven buyers on Monday to Friday and nothing on the weekend. You guys are way ahead of us with choice and options.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...