• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost-of-Gain Surging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Why don’t end users or farmers buy the facilities from Viterra?

Happens here key start operation but no labour.
    Happened here too
    And the shortline
    Been a huge success

Comment

Bucket

"No one within a reasonable distance would take it off the combine...so I filled what I had and built a couple more bins ...price is now at 17.25 for december ...who would have thunk it.."

Glad the flax increased for you after putting up a couple bins. The little guy wins one!!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Bucket

"No one within a reasonable distance would take it off the combine...so I filled what I had and built a couple more bins ...price is now at 17.25 for december ...who would have thunk it.."

Glad the flax increased for you after putting up a couple bins. The little guy wins one!!
        Sounds like those bins are mostly paid for too now. Kinda nice when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          I am a little embarrassed but I will tell you what I did this fall....

I had low protein wheat ...I knew it because it was piebald ....I sold it for 5.85 a month ago to make bin space for flax....

I wanted to haul my flax direct while combining but no takers and I would have been happy at the price of around 14.50 for flax...

No one within a reasonable distance would take it off the combine...so I filled what I had and built a couple more bins ...price is now at 17.25 for december ...who would have thunk it..

Did I mention there is an empty 10000 tonne concrete elevator owned by Viterra at Eyebrow , saskatchewan sitting empty that Viterra could have bought my flax for 14.50???? 20 minutes away.
          So maybe having your own storage pays??

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
            So maybe having your own storage pays??
            Over and over again.

ps, the odd time it cost me! "NOT" too funny.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...