• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry in all of the Northern Hemisphere but the Market only cares about Russia.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
    Those are the only options.

Really dry <———————————> Really wet

There’s never anything mid spectrum happening. Just extremes.
    Sounds like politics in this divisive era. No room left for moderates, only extremists on both ends. Any of us moderates left, find ourselves homeless politically.

I would say we are in the middle, Surprisingly dry considering how wet it was all spring and half of the summer. But no shortage of moisture. Should put us in a good position in the spring, without having to deal with excess water in addition to the usual snowmelt.

Comment

Pretty "normal" here.

Started soil testing today, and I've seen better moisture going into freeze up, but I've certainly seen worse. Generally wet first 6", generally damp in second 6". Many years I've been able to punch a penetrometer to 18-24", but it seems the moisture ends between 12" and 15" this year.

Only on the first field which has poor depth of A/B horizons in plenty of locations, and a mostly compacted white clay C horizon at as little as 4" in some places. Itll be interesting to see where moisture goes to in the fields with greater A/B depth. Should know more in the next couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Sounds like politics in this divisive era. No room left for moderates, only extremists on both ends. Any of us moderates left, find ourselves homeless politically.
        😉

It’s a multipurpose diagram I put so much effort into!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          And we know now instead of back in May to August on wheat that was probably booked in February?????

The fact we don't have sales reporting on simple things like this is just mind numbing to me and highlights the incompetence of Ritz and ROOD ten years back...and to this day it highlights the incompetence of farm groups and conservative MPs.
          Grain brokers commentators etc should knowcand pass on whatvtenders have been wonnwith canadian origin grain.

Shouldnt be hard to find out and dates and price all in public forum

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;469463]Ask yourself, how can a GrainCo sell something they don't own? What buyer would sign an unpriced contract, commit to tonnes only?

Part one common. Unpriced doubt it

Comment

Update... Im going to have to get more drill bits to do the rest of the sampling.

Anything in cereals or peas this last year is DRY! There is about 4" of damp dirt on the surface, but everything below that is powder. I can't punch a step-on probe any deeper than 6", so I'll have to drill the remainder of the samples. If we dont see decent snow this winter, and/or seasonal forecasts the first few months of this upcoming year indicate a dry growing season, everything will likely be getting fertilized for at best an average crop, and possibly slightly less.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...