• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China , food shortages?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China , food shortages?

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/516607-another-famine-coming-china-struggles-to-meet-basic-food-demands

Where do you think the railways record grain movement is going...

At least American farmers know by the mandatory sales reporting. ...

In Canada farmers take a shitty price and find out 6 months later China was buying and they should have got more for their product....

Comment

Gonna have a coal shortage soon as well coking and thermal.

Appears there gonna ban aussie coal with ongoing tiff over out govt wanting answers And investigations re covid 19.

Buuly boys well were not buying your barley wine some issues with wheat beef last two days coal.

So they will get it elsecwere.

Winfall for canada or usa perhaps

Comment

Before the great man call me racist about getting shitty with china i dont see his posts or comments no more but my daughter in law is chinese australian.

Sadly AG here needs china .

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

In Canada farmers take a shitty price and find out 6 months later China was buying and they should have got more for their product....
          I hear you on the reporting but,
          I always need more for my product.
          There is no other population of over a billion that was going to need a bunch of grain.
          I don't think American farmers are getting more for their grain.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            I hear you on the reporting but,
            I always need more for my product.
            There is no other population of over a billion that was going to need a bunch of grain.
            I don't think American farmers are getting more for their grain.
            Would you like to be reminded of the close to 75 billion Canadian equivalent dollars Trump has thrown at the American farmer?

Plus the fact they have sales reporting....maybe the American farmer is holding grain for better prices....seems the market there us rising for a reason...

Sales plus more damage than originally thought from that wind storm...

Comment

Certainly American farmers are getting a boost to their income from the Treasury.
              But spring wheat farmers are not receiving better prices from the market than Canadian farmers.

Comment

Let me try this ...if the market knows the US treasury is giving farmers money to try to make them whole on price ...what is the incentive for the market to bid higher?

Its actually a win for the market or enduser like china because they can buy grain cheaper in Canada without anyone knowing and who gives a phuck about farmers in Canada as far as prices go?

Comment

Canada is about $20US a tonne higher than US shipments to China for May-Jul period according to trade data.

China has taken and signed up for quite a lot of hard red winter from the US which is usually lower priced.
                  But there is significant quantities of US HRS too.

But ya government payments usually lower the market price.
                  Last edited by farming101; Oct 12, 2020, 08:15.

Comment

.My biggest beef is why no one wants sales reporting?

Especially when you consider our prices are set by the US exchanges which are in turn affected by the US treasury handing out adhoc payments.

Every US grainco complies with the USDA ...it helps farmers and the graincos to co-ordinate the entire system.

Comment

Think most farmers will agree with you on this one bucket but the trade like sitting ducks. Another thing that should go is target pricing its only good for grain companies there is no incentive to raise the bids.Here Cargill seem to onsistently scare people if you don't sell now the next delivery opportunity is 3 months from now with their stupid premiums.A premium is only a less of a discount people!

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                        Think most farmers will agree with you on this one bucket but the trade like sitting ducks. Another thing that should go is target pricing its only good for grain companies there is no incentive to raise the bids.Here Cargill seem to onsistently scare people if you don't sell now the next delivery opportunity is 3 months from now with their stupid premiums.A premium is only a less of a discount people!
                        Farmers might agree but farm representatives can't even understand the concept...or are paid off to ignore it by their masters. ..

WCWGA have the ear of conservative MPs. Never gains traction....and the newly minted ag critic has it on her CV that she helped create the mess with BRMs and the open market....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Ohh I get it , problem I have no marketing expert is saying a word . It’s been know since mid July they had a huge problem there
                          And yet all we hear is record crop ... record crop ... huge carryovers..
                          I get what your saying , but the point is the b/s is starting to catch up to the market hype

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	4
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	770228

....really? You don't say!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...