• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar

Actual production here in Saskatchewan.

3 banks of 12 panels. Fronius inverter.

790vdc input. 230v single phase output

Maximum licensed production = 13,340 watts (13.34kw/hr).

First, current production, Thanksgiving Sunday at 3 pm partly cloudy 70km an HR winds, 11,900 watts = 11.9kw/hr.

365 days received from grid.

Keep in mind pump, water heaters, electric water heater and electric furnace.

Now, power delivered to the grid.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Numbers like that are probably why theyre starting to not want people feeding back into the grid!

Comment

Will take you 3 more years and it will paid for?

Comment

Actually impressed to see real life numbers relevant to this part of the world .
          Will be interesting to see how cost / lifespan turn out .

Comment

Been asking for real data from northern latitude solar output for 2 weeks
            From Sweden , Finland , Russia .... you know climates similar to most of Canada ..... not Australia...... and zippo ... zero from the self proclaimed experts .... again thx

Comment

Battery for storage?

Comment

I’ve always wondered about the cost of solar but whenever I try penciling it out it’s kinda a hard sell, so in Saskatchewan you still have a power bill but pretty small, how about insurance, what will the panels produce in 10 or 20 years? From what I gather a 40 thousand KW Per year system will cost about 80 grand, I’ve seen a few systems pop up here and there but I haven’t seen any on people that I know.

I’m guessing most people’s reply would be solars the best and greatest investment ever, kinda like geo thermal or the pigeon king.

Comment

If Chuck had delivered this information, this post would be on page ten already.....from him being attacked and he defending himself.

I would need to compare those readings to what this farm uses in a year.

Comment

Maybe it would be nice to know how much the taxpayer contributed to the build of system...

Comment

I want zero maintenance, zero depreciation, zero replacement cost. That buried cable servicing our yard sure is convenient for the price I'm paying.

Comment

Klause, there is a lot of information missing here.

#1. When was the first day of prod’n for these meters? As in ground zero.
                        #2. What does 365 represent, is that prod’n days, usage days, total days of operation.
                        #3. is this a year’s data, a day’s data?
                        #4. What was total cost of the system?
                        #5. How much taxpayer money was received?
                        #6. Actual prod’n here in Saskatchewan. Where in Sask. South East?

Please explain the data on the meters. What is 46000 kw/hr delivered?
                        Does the r on the meter mean reversed?

This data is kinda like climate change data. ( Incomplete information and leading to incorrect assumptions.)
                        Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 12, 2020, 07:48.

Comment

I'm thinking "rEC" is power received from the grid and "dEL" is power delivered to the grid. Assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            If Chuck had delivered this information, this post would be on page ten already.....from him being attacked and he defending himself.

I would need to compare those readings to what this farm uses in a year.
                            I couldn't make any sense of the incomplete and cryptic information provided. Waiting on answers to the questions already asked.

The economics of grid tied to the solar owner are the least of my concerns. It is the economic consequences that the rest of us have to pay to stabilize the grid that is most important. Last I checked none of the solar or wind installations in Alberta have to provide dispatchable reserve, like all the other generation sources do.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Klause, there is a lot of information missing here.

#1. When was the first day of prod’n for these meters? As in ground zero.
                              #2. What does 365 represent, is that prod’n days, usage days, total days of operation.
                              #3. is this a year’s data, a day’s data?
                              #4. What was total cost of the system?
                              #5. How much taxpayer money was received?
                              #6. Actual prod’n here in Saskatchewan. Where in Sask. South East?

Please explain the data on the meters. What is 46000 kw/hr delivered?
                              Does the r on the meter mean reversed?

This data is kinda like climate change data. ( Incomplete information and leading to incorrect assumptions.)

All those answers are in the original post... But hey I'll restate them.

"Del" is kwh delivered to the grid system.(injected into )

"Rec" is kwh *from* the grid (pulled out of)

Sorry. My head runs faster than my typing a lot of the time so posts don't have all the info... And other times they sound like I'm mad when I'm not 😂

System cost $41,900 installed. Canadian made panels Fronius inverter.

The feds provided a grant. 25%. Also, since it's a farm there's also tax write off benefits.

This is the system my wife's family has. West central sask.

It produces power say in day out summer, winter. Panels are too steep to get covered in snow in winter, plus the sun's heat melts any off.

Only maintenance is changing their angle once on spring and once in fall which takes 2 people and an impact about an hour (six bolts).

The entire system has been trouble free for 2.5 years since installed so far.

We are installing a system here ourselves next spring... $22,000 for the equipment. Financed over 10 years $220ish a month. Our power bill is $265 a month right now.
                              Once running, the plan is to buy a power wall or other battery backup so we can get rid of the grid, or be able to totally supplant it. Our power here is incredibly unreliable. We have outages every week. Some in winter have been 4-6hrs.

I provided this info as a real world reference to the constant arguing on here about solar feasibility... I'm not saying it works for everyone all the time, but it most definitly works in some situations.

If running aeration probably going to be using way more, farma.
                              Last edited by Klause; Oct 12, 2020, 10:41.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...