• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auctions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auctions

Can a guy go to them again? In person?

I dunno man, there’s a whopping 8 in hospital now being treated for controllovirus. To me, it’s far too dangerous to chance...

Comment

On- line auctions are making a killing. McDougall’s in Emerald Park is turning over a pile of stuff. Prices high as a kite for especially equipment. I think they’ve found out that it is much easier to auction off almost anything on-line. Some buyers don’t seem to worry about buying site-unseen.

Comment

Sure takes the fun out from being the highest bidder. I know lots of people who would like it go back to old way

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
          Can a guy go to them again? In person?
          No, not when they can get a buyers fee out of you, ie saskatoon ???

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            No, not when they can get a buyers fee out of you, ie saskatoon ???
            That buyer's fee is a fuçken cash grabbing fuçken rip off.
            Its hard to swallow but if you want to buy something there you gotta pay it.
            Then the crooks have the nerve to add about 3% if you want to pay with a credit card, WHEN THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PAY ELECTONICALLY BECAUSE OF COVID.

Comment

There’s one auctioneer doing 2-3 live auctions a week here, limit of 100 people on site supposedly limiting themselves to serious bidders. Not sure I’d want to be selling anything of any value depending on the right bidders getting in line first.

Comment

I quite like the timed auction setup for farm auctions. I know when my item sells, get plenty of time to decide at the end, get alerts if I’m outbid, and don’t have to waste a day. Could care less if it goes back to the way it was.

Comment

I actually hate in person auctions. The racket drives me nuts and gives me a splitting headache. And standing around all day kills my back. Yup a wasted day is right. But there is nothing like a live auction that instills a sense of urgency and competition.

Comment

Maybe that buyer's fee is charged because of the near monopoly of the biggest AuctionCo around?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Maybe that buyer's fee is charged because of the near monopoly of the biggest AuctionCo around?
                      Surprised Pattison hasn’t figured that out as well.....Buyers fee on parts....

Comment

Try getting something from South Country(Regina) that is in the JD Regina warehouse.
                        Surcharges for rush picking parts.

Funny John Deere hasn't brand marketed green Vaseline yet. Probably coming to a Stealership near you soon.

Comment

Try getting something from South Country(Regina) that is in the JD Regina warehouse.

Funny John Deere hasn't brand marketed green Vaseline yet. Probably coming to a Stealership near you soon.
                          Martins in Edmonton is exactly the same. $25 for the privilege of picking up your parts or waiting a day. Now they carry peanuts for inventory because of this.

No this does not grind my gears.........🙄

Comment

That buyer's fee is a fuçken cash grabbing fuçken rip off.
                            Its hard to swallow but if you want to buy something there you gotta pay it.
                            Then the crooks have the nerve to add about 3% if you want to pay with a credit card, WHEN THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PAY ELECTONICALLY BECAUSE OF COVID.
                            When they got done f-kn me it was an extra 10%

Comment

Well anyone that would buy green microwave popcorn , what the f-ck can i say ?
                              Green vaseline would be a natural progression?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...