• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employee hours...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee hours...

Question to all.. just doing up our September payroll and was wondering what is an acceptable amount of hours worked for your main employee(s) during harvest. I’m talking about the full-time, making $35 plus/hour, able to operate most things. We had a great combine run and harvest 90% of our crop in September and my one guy was at 250, which i felt was a little light, and the other 300.

Just wondering if people are managing their main employee(s) hours or if it’s “put the hammer down and sleep when the snow comes?”

At the risk of being used as an example im not putting an amount on it, but it's at the employee and employers discretion. Whatever both are acceptable with.

Comment

My guy comes and goes as he pleases. If he needs a day off, he gets it. When he wants to work late, he can stay as long as he likes. All year, not just at harvest. I know his value here.

It helps that he is a very motivated individual and runs, not walks. He definitely outworks me, and is worth every penny. Now if only I could find another guy like him...

Comment

Everybody is different. Some are maxed at 12 hours a day for 5 days and others can go days with minimal sleep and still out work most others with no screw ups.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
          My guy comes and goes as he pleases. If he needs a day off, he gets it. When he wants to work late, he can stay as long as he likes. All year, not just at harvest. I know his value here.

It helps that he is a very motivated individual and runs, not walks. He definitely outworks me, and is worth every penny. Now if only I could find another guy like him...
          I have one the exact same, he out works me, he is working before I finish my morning coffee. He was a quick learner and could run this place if something was to happen to me. If I could find another person like him all i would have to do is drink coffee. As far as hours, I think it depends on some different factors, how many employees is there, equipment, acres.

Comment

Got a great one too. Don't have to tell
            Him . Like a hurricane, used to farm at one
            Time. Rest of the crew went home
            At 3am. Him and I went to 630.
            He billed 22 hours that day , I thought
            It was closer to 23.
            We got it done and it did rain an hour
            After I got to bed

Comment

Yeah, marketing stuff always has been something unusual for me. I mean, I'm not a guy who knows everything about it and can't tell you for sure. But, in Design, I'm a god with a complicated way of beginning. Five years ago, I was learning at the Design University. All these years, all this stuff I know, I got from https://www.nolanrecruitment.com/ nolanrecruitment.com . That's an engineer recruitment agency. Man, I swear it wasn't this agency. I don't know what I have done. And yeah, all guys who will be an engineer, the best sector is with the car one.
              Last edited by JoeVance; Jul 11, 2021, 13:29.

Comment

I don't know if this is the perfect forum, but I started recently working in the renting industry. At first, there was a high demand, and everything was working smoothly. But since the covid-19 pandemic started, everything started to fell apart. The number of renting decreased significantly, and right now, we are looking for ways of improving your business. In case some of you are interested, you can check our website [URL]https://osdoro.com.sg/office-space-for-rent/[/URL].By the way, if you have some advice for us, feel free to text me. I will be grateful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...