• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Bank Asset Growth

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    Reality is Furrow that most of us that identify as middle class are not. I'm not sure how many farmers are that top 1% but I'd say pretty well all farmers are in the top 10%.
    I am talking billionaires , we would not even touch their pocket change
    The George Soros , Bill Gates , Warren Buffet , Bezos type of wealthy elites
    There would not be more than a very few farmers in the world in that league, not even close

Comment

Or even higher up like the Rockefeller’s and company.

Comment

The 0.1% use panama and switzerland to hide wealth. Farmers can use south dakota.

https://www.internationalinvestment.net/internationalinvestment/news/3503196/sioux-falls-south-dakota-%E2%80%98-offshore-wealth-magnet%E2%80%99-ft Sioux Falls, South Dakota is 'new offshore wealth magnet

Dynasty trusts are a type of trust that’s designed to avoid or minimise certain types of tax, such as inheritance and estate tax, and are typically used to pass money on to multiple generations of descendants while paying as little in taxes as possible.

Comment

Jazz in your response that you have a choice, not to seed a particular canola.
          What choices do you have ,, please list the Canola varieties less than 25 years old you have a right to seed.
          That is the problem, even Quest the first RR canola , what 30 years ago. Nope
          We signed use agreements ,
          It really matters not if the patent has expired, you have never owned it.
          We Only purchased the right to plant it for one season.
          It is not yours to plant even 30 years later. And all seed will be like that soon.
          I have no problem with rewarding innovation,
          But off patent varieties must be accessible.
          You can see how removing all other choices affects the price they get for the newest ones.
          Once the big guys rid the system of any breeder not willing to play the game.
          Look out 60$ /acre wheat seed here we come. Then canola can be 120$
          What is to stop them, if you do not have ownership of even a 30 year old seed .
          Pay up or don't plant, anything.
          If you have any public breeding left , I would be inclined to keep it, even if what they have
          Is not the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
            What choices do you have ,, please list the Canola varieties less than 25 years old you have a right to seed.
            It is not yours to plant even 30 years later. And all seed will be like that soon.
            You can see how removing all other choices affects the price they get for the newest ones.
            If you have any public breeding left , I would be inclined to keep it, even if what they have
            Is not the greatest.
            Hey sawfly posted on sask3 crop report re seed tax. I just dont understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
              Is not the greatest.
              It wasn't a like. I was trying to reply. Anyhoo if you reread Jazz's comment. He said you can choose not to grow canola period. No mention of choosing a particular variety.

Comment

There is lots we can do to starve the beast sawfly, we just arent desperate enough yet. But that day may be coming.

If big biz and govt align to drain wealth from this industry and distribute it to the needy, you can bet I wont be going for big yields anymore.

Comment

Not grow canola period.
                  Well that is an option, but 10 20
                  Years from now your only Choice may be
                  Brandon wheat ,whatever. If it is still acceptable
                  To buyers then. Or some fungus has not attacked it.
                  Or you can find seed for it.
                  Then you kinda have a choice , rather than
                  Full retail on whatever they are offering.
                  They do not vac a bin , they have invested
                  Zero in land , they never set foot on the place.
                  Never got dusty once. And with some seeds
                  You are replicating their seed for them.
                  They with the govt.s help just collect the money.
                  Even at port
                  Bypassing tom and crew that thought they would
                  Cash in when farmers had to buy certified every year.
                  They do not need you Tom. They do not give a crap.
                  I think he finally figured that out.

They will get their coin. Anyway, Sorry.

I truly think this is a dangerous path for consumer
                  And producer alike to legaly introduce a third party
                  That owns every seed on the planet.
                  No no no no no no no
                  It is just wrong

Comment

"It's only on the brink..." huh.

huh.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...