• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest issues facing farmers ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    If your sacrificing yours it is!

Easy come easy go.
    For sure , it is a fine line

Comment

No easy answer to the parent thing. Because every personality is different some people change some don’t. All you can do is do your best. Try not to do things that you might regret tomorrow, a week, a year...later?
      Not saying it’s your situation but there are things I wish I had listened to my parents about as it took many years later to realize myself they were right and some things I was right about. Or at least I live thinking I was right. Lol
      Don’t dwell on it. See opportunities to make it better. Family is important If you can keep it together.
      Last edited by the big wheel; Oct 3, 2020, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Big issue ... getting done harvest..

May be offensive to some viewers .... LOL

Chuck will call me in .. lol
        Biggest issue facing farmers??

Themselves.

This is not a good look along with photos of spraying too close to watercourses etc. Some farmers on here recklessly and regularly vacate their social licence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post

Themselves.

This is not a good look along with photos of spraying too close to watercourses etc. Some farmers on here recklessly and regularly vacate their social licence.
          Our mla s drive around drunk we can have a beer 🍺 every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Our mla s drive around drunk we can have a beer 🍺 every so often.
            One doesn't justify the other. This issue can't be minimized so easily. The consumer reading this constantly alters his/her choices based on perception. Your reply is not a good look either.

Comment

Themselves.

Nope , it’s crime in this area , sorry , it’s not having a beer after the combine is parked for the year .

Funny how some jump on lame opportunities to throw shade on the hard work done by many farmers who pump billions into the Canadian Economy yearly .
              How’s life going in Australia or wherever your from ?

Comment

You're your own worst enemy. Sad but true.

Comment

You're your own worst enemy. Sad but true.
                  I question how you can criticize a farmer for having a beer in a parked combine in a isolated field at the end of harvest when the real issue for public safety is people texting or talking on phones while driving 70 kph on a busy street with pedestrians on both sides of the sidewalk.

I may be going out on a limb here but I don't recall any pedestrians being hit by a combine lately.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                    I question how you can criticize a farmer for having a beer in a parked combine in a isolated field at the end of harvest when the real issue for public safety is people texting or talking on phones while driving 70 kph on a busy street with pedestrians on both sides of the sidewalk.

I may be going out on a limb here but I don't recall any pedestrians being hit by a combine lately.
                    I hit a skunk with the swather the other week ............. in my defence he was in my “lane” in the field. I wasn’t texting or drinking at the time and he ( or she I didn’t check) wasn’t in a crosswalk either. At least Wiley Coyote pulled him out of the swath before the combine showed up. He left his calling card on the cutterbar though😉

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                        Mother nature is by far the biggest wild card in farming.Always has been always will be.
                        I should have known it was a woman responsible for all this chaos! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          I think the biggest thing is don’t run them. Even in sorting. You get them on the run, might as well go have a coffee break. Been close to more serious wrecks with people being too forceful to speed things up than I’m sure I’ll ever be with the slow and steady approach.

Today me and my fat wonder cow won the day. I walked, she followed. The herd came in behind.

Considering we were bringing up the rear, we made a real break for it to lead the final half mile 😆

..I've always found it easy following the purdy ones too over the years..

Comment

R2R is also a big issue .... it’s becoming a big issue in the States

Comment

It’s true. Men always think they can handle women. Women consistently prove men wrong. Mother Nature taught us well 😁

Comment

Says the guy who wants a pair of big tits.........😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...