• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is interesting about farm women....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Tell them men are liabilities not assets.....
    I’m sure they already know that.

Comment

So how much could 2 women married to each other get?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        So how much could 2 women married to each other get?
        And imagine if they were “of colour”

Comment

BLM - Bad Loans Matter

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Have her send her application back in this time asking for $741,000 instead.
            As much as AF5 is being fecicious he has a point. This day in age no one wants to give a $10k loan. They would have to charge you 10+% to make any money at it.

In actuality if you are trying to careful with debt it would probably pay to make a 5 year plan where your capital investment was closer to 50k to get serious consideration. If lock in a low enough rate it wouldn't take much of an off farm job to service it if all went to pot.

Comment

So basically large farms are getting the wife or daughters approved for large loans.

Is there a lower interest rate, no fees, easier criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                So basically large farms are getting the wife or daughters approved for large loans.

Is there a lower interest rate, no fees, easier criteria?
                We were told fees waived, help with business plan etc.

Comment

Here is another interesting tidbit......

Canada’s federal ag minister met with several female ag entrepreneurs from across the country recently.

Marie-Claude Bibeau hosted a virtual roundtable discussion on Sept. 18 with about 25 women to discuss the challenges and opportunities that exist in the ag industry.

When has she had a meeting with 25 male farmers?

Comment

Poor men. Nobody wants to talk to you!

Wonder why...?

Comment

My wife helps a lot on the farm but readily admits that there are some things she can not do ....quickly decipher how things are to come apart ....she always asks " how did you know how to take that apart by just looking at it? "

And my answer is usually " well how did you make that wonderful meal the other night?"

But these are the differences that help make a team....

By only listening to one side as Bibeau appears to be doing .....the majority of the agriculture industry is being ignored....
                      Last edited by bucket; Sep 29, 2020, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Here is another interesting tidbit......

Canada’s federal ag minister met with several female ag entrepreneurs from across the country recently.

Marie-Claude Bibeau hosted a virtual roundtable discussion on Sept. 18 with about 25 women to discuss the challenges and opportunities that exist in the ag industry.

When has she had a meeting with 25 male farmers?
                        Probably be cause women are alot more calm even in a ugly situation.
                        My wife knows just as much about AG as I do also.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Poor men. Nobody wants to talk to you!

Wonder why...?

Yes I do wonder why....I have an opinion and want women in this industry but the majority of producers should not be ignored...

Chemical companies are known for sending pretty girls out to discuss chemical complaints.....WHY?

I find it insulting.

Lets have that discussion....
                          Last edited by bucket; Sep 29, 2020, 07:26.

Comment

My wife helps a lot on the farm but readily admits that there are some things she can not do ....quickly decipher how things are to come apart ....she always asks " how did you know how to take that apart by just looking at it? "

But these are the differences that help make a team....

By only listening to one side as Bibeau appears to be doing .....the majority of the agriculture industry is being ignored....
                            Don’t worry. Men are always talking at women. Just because she hasn’t hosted a round table with 25 of them doesn’t mean they haven’t been telling her what they think.

Just yesterday I got told how in no way could a guy bin things separately or combine parts of the field apart from other areas and the idea was just silly. Because it was all very relevant to me.

Comment

Yes I do wonder why....I have an opinion and want women in this industry but the majority of producers should not be ignored...

Chemical companies are known for sending pretty girls out to discuss chemical complaints.....WHY?

Lets have that discussion....
                              Haha you want to have that discussion?

Because men like to stare at female appendages. And overall they just like chatting up a PYT. Men like to think they’re charming.

Generally they’re less likely to go 0 to asshole in 30 seconds flat with pretty, younger girls.

They don’t think the girls know anything anyway so have no expectations of a resolution from that situation and will be put off to another time.

Girls are more likely to be thankful they have a job in the field they want, even when treated like shit by the customers (or co workers).

Cheaper wages.

Better people skills.
                              Last edited by Blaithin; Sep 29, 2020, 07:45.

Comment

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down - so send the 🐣

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...