• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Alberta go

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsly: Negative on the bran muffin, unless you cook in some flax seed and a Saskatoon Berry. No you have read me wrong here, I would never disparage a small mill, what I was pointing out is eatmore, is in an envious position but he is less than relevant to our situation here/western draw area. Small markets take on a life of their own, I wonder if all the farms that stoically say "I don't market through the board", mostly in enviable feedlot Alberta will be Phoning to register for the EPO program before the spring is out. They don't realize it (better understanding since 2002 drought gave them a taste of the great plains) they have at least three or more things going for them that the rest of us poor Desert Rats don't 1) yield, 2) close to strong market. closer to west coast by 30-50 cents per bu. 3) other options, hay, timothy export, and or intensive pasture. We won't even get into government largesse. Mind you I've heard they pay to much for green equipment out there.Tom4 that was a dig.lol

Comment

Glad to see you post, Boone. For awhile I thought you may have been in Coronach today...

Comment

Ten years ago we milled 40 000 tonnes of western wheat. Today we mill 5 000.

90% of what we mill today is grown in Ontario, where the wheat grows free. Kick down the CWB and a lot more western wheat is milled in Canada by all current processors and new ones who will enter.

China now protects private property, isn't it time Canada did too.

Free wheat in the west.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...