• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    Still swathing here and harvest is progressing nicely.

This quarter has a lot of quackgrass and that has been making it a lot of “fun”. Didn’t want to bale the straw but need to nuke the grass and the straw will be too thick if we chop it. Probably 3 bale an acre like most of the other fields so far.

The bred heifers are content for now but are eyeing up corn north of them, alfalfa to the south, and the stubble I’m cutting as soon as the bales get made and picked. Hopefully the weather holds as there’s a bunch of pretty second cut almost ready to bale. The first load of dry barley came off today and that’s nice for a change.

Good luck everyone. 🍀
    Does the gear box on your baler ever get cold between July and November.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      They can take DEF and shove it
      Neighbour down as well ... rain coming in two days again ... crazy
      Yes! god dam the EPA and all climate scare mongering SOB's... destroyed our bullet proof diesel engines!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Standing hailed barley not testable. Non hailed, 18%. 70% humidity, cloudy all day. Maybe tomorrow. Swathed canola is 15.
        Everyone going HARD around here, Canola dry, barley all done, our wheat down to 15.7%, even in clouds. Perfect LAST day tomorrow, get 'er done boys and girls!

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Curious what your cobs look like?

Very impressed with how they turned out here this year. And the height is 7-10 feet as well. That late heat wave made something of it. Before that you could see the volunteer canola in it from the road😉

The moo moos should be happy this winter.
          Woodland,you ever try eating any of the feed corn? That one looks tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            Woodland,you ever try eating any of the feed corn? That one looks tasty!
            I actually chewed on the backside of that one and it tasted good. 😎Might take some home and try them out. The neighbours used to put in a couple acres of sweet corn in and that was nice but not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
              Does the gear box on your baler ever get cold between July and November.
              Plenty of rain delays the last few years to keep them cooled off. Baled in December before when Ma Nature forgot to give us Fall one year.

Comment

More rain delays coming here ....

I guess cereals still not dry from Sunday’s 1.5 in
                Maybe some late yesterday
                Canola swaths just dry yesterday
                Hopefully have good day today and get a bunch more dry canola in bin before tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  More rain delays coming here ....

I guess cereals still not dry from Sunday’s 1.5 in
                  Maybe some late yesterday
                  Canola swaths just dry yesterday
                  Hopefully have good day today and get a bunch more dry canola in bin before tonight.
                  Inch and a half. The Ghetto could easily handle that and want more.
                  Lerner has us on the edge of rain again, tired of living on the edge.
                  Need to get into the "zone" one of these times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2020-09-25-10-07-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	770152
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 25, 2020, 10:09.

Comment

Done today
                    Pretty nice fall
                    Need rain or no juicin here
                    Cereals were decent
                    Canola was pre 1970
                    Furrows hoggin all the rain
                    None here much since early june
                    Last edited by Guest; Sep 25, 2020, 14:08.

Comment

Finished the barley tonight! Still have some late canola that needs swathing pronto and that’s it for threshing. Now onto picking bales, manure, fieldwork, cow doctoring, and some dirtwork possibly.

But first .......... a bottle of spiced rum has my name on it🥃

Hope everyone is making decent progress. Light rain here tonight. This has been the nicest harvest weather in five years. Loooong overdue😉

Comment

"But first .......... a bottle of spiced rum has my name on it🥃"

.....is your name Morgan?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          "But first .......... a bottle of spiced rum has my name on it🥃"

.....is your name Morgan?
                          No but I’m the Captain of this rickety old ship😉

That’s what is on the table but I prefer kraken rum actually.

Comment

Back at er this morning
                            Rain not here yet , hopefully get a few more hours in ....

Comment

Well we reached 2/3 done last night. I think only the second day this fall we had both combines running. Drive tire went on one and it took 2 days to get the tire and get it put on. Many other small irritating break downs but that is to be expected with combines over 10 years old.

We have 2 fields of wheat left and onto the canola. Wheat has certainly been a disappointment, too many drowned out acres. So far we are averaging below last year on wheat yields. More rain than last year, less grain than last year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                                Well we reached 2/3 done last night. I think only the second day this fall we had both combines running. Drive tire went on one and it took 2 days to get the tire and get it put on. Many other small irritating break downs but that is to be expected with combines over 10 years old.

!
                                Happens on one year old combines as well....and that becomes more annoying....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...