• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFU Still Undermining Agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walterm View Post
    Ritz set up producer commissions with check off $ then they have joined umbrella orgs together. How many more do you need. Then there is the WCWGA that has a finger on the pulse of the whole industry and speaks for every farmer.
    I was making a joke. Probably wouldn’t hurt if all these orgs would consolidate and save on postage stamps.

Comment

Take a chance. Read https://www.nfu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Affidavit-of-Glenn-Wright.pdf

Comment

Now there is talk about carbon tax rates going to $127/tonne by the crime minister and his band of idiots.

How will Glenn and the NFU spun this scam?

Comment

Darrin Qualman was on the news whining about NO2 emissions from agriculture instead of defending ag. Didn't mention carbon sink, or the fact that climate change dingbats imposed various tiers of DEF consuming diesels that emit NO2 after the exhaust fluid does it's thing.

Comment

This sask party needs a boot in the ass and a wake up call , they better hope the western separatist movement doesn’t gain traction or their free ride will be over
            But who in their right mind as a western farmer could vote for those orange communist sons o *******

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              Darrin Qualman was on the news whining about NO2 emissions from agriculture instead of defending ag. Didn't mention carbon sink, or the fact that climate change dingbats imposed various tiers of DEF consuming diesels that emit NO2 after the exhaust fluid does it's thing.
              The entire point of def is to remove NO and NO2 or NOx... NH3 is reacted with NO and NO2 to get N2 and H2O out the tailpipe.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                The entire point of def is to remove NO and NO2 or NOx... NH3 is reacted with NO and NO2 to get N2 and H2O out the tailpipe.
                that dont matter, Nitrogen tax will be on the way

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  that dont matter, Nitrogen tax will be on the way
                  That’s the goal .... in the words of Freeland .... to go after the superstar farmers ...
                  they want us all to farm like Gabe Brown .. that’s their vision ...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    That’s the goal .... in the words of Freeland .... to go after the superstar farmers ...
                    they want us all to farm like Gabe Brown .. that’s their vision ...
                    The question is, if we all farm like Gabe Brown, who will be left to come to our seminars? And if gatherings of people are banned, how can we hold seminars at all. And if we can't charge for seminars, how will we be able to afford to farm like Gabe Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      In CBC article this morning, Glenn Wright from Vanscoy, (just out of Saskatoon) is interviewed because he wrote a letter for intervener status in Carbon Tax Supreme Court Challenge. He stands in front of his 1960 faded out International white cab telling all of Canada that he is more open-minded and he thinks the carbon tax is actually an opportunity not a cost. He drys his grain with an electric heater supplemented with solar panels. This got my day off to a great start now that my perspective has been corrected. 😝 This country is so screwed up.
                      Lol CBC loves giving Glenn Wright all the airtime he can get. He Has been interviewed by them in the past as well, like last year when he bought an electric car

Probably has nothing to do with him being an NDP candidate in the upcoming provincial election

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                        Lol CBC loves giving Glenn Wright all the airtime he can get. He Has been interviewed by them in the past as well, like last year when he bought an electric car

Probably has nothing to do with him being an NDP candidate in the upcoming provincial election
                        Amazing how CBC forgot to include information that Glenn Wright is a NDP candidate.

Comment

Yeah Gabe Brown, hes just one those guys who wants to experiment with new ways to farm, spend less and make more money. He's got it so wrong!

A good farmer is supposed to farm the same way his daddy did, avoid new ideas, information, science and spend more than you make! That's the way of the future! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Yeah Gabe Brown, hes just one those guys who wants to experiment with new ways to farm, spend less and make more money. He's got it so wrong!

A good farmer is supposed to farm the same way his daddy did, avoid new ideas, information, science and spend more than you make! That's the way of the future! LOL
                            Thanks Chuck, a post related to Agriculture, in a thread about Agricultural issues.
                            So how many of Gabe's methods have you been able to successfully implement? Or anyone else you know?
                            I really like his way of thinking, I've talked to him in the past. I really WANT what he says to be true, and applicable everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Thanks Chuck, a post related to Agriculture, in a thread about Agricultural issues.
                              So how many of Gabe's methods have you been able to successfully implement? Or anyone else you know?
                              I really like his way of thinking, I've talked to him in the past. I really WANT what he says to be true, and applicable everywhere.
                              Great then we are in agreement!

I don't have livestock, but I know numerous farmers using intensive grazing systems and holistic resource management tools to try and reduce costs and improve net returns. And their grass is very productive and cattle look good.

Gabe's found a way to make what he does work in his location. Every farmer should think more like Gabe and adapt it to their farm. Use less off farm inputs, improve management, sign the back of more cheques rather than the front!

There is no single solution or right way to farm. Solutions are site and farm specific.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Gabe couldn't farm like his Dad because he didn't come from a farm. Instead he was on the brink of losing someone else's farm when he quit buying so many inputs. Likely down this path from lack of credit facilities.

Bismarck is a lot different climate, both in weather and nearby consumers for local sale than somewhere like Foam Lake SK.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...