• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500 million for electric vehicle production

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

An Australian Electrical operator says it is the cheapest generation sources there.
    Then why does the cheapest generation source result in the most expensive electricity in the world? You still haven't answered my question in the other thread about if that was the goal, or an unintended consequence?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Then why does the cheapest generation source result in the most expensive electricity in the world? You still haven't answered my question in the other thread about if that was the goal, or an unintended consequence?
      That is interesting, maybe he read it in a picture book .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        That is interesting, maybe he read it in a picture book .
        Chuck certainly has taken the skill of cognitive dissonance to a whole new level. And seems to be very proud of his accomplishments in this field.
        That and inappropriate use of LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
          Tell me,

Why is it that most of you on here hold on so fervently to one energy source?

Geothermal can generate power and heat homes without emissions.

Hydrogen is largely untapped.

Hydroelectric dams last for hundreds of years and produce clean energy plus manage a resource.

Wind is always blowing. Might as well use it for something?

Battery packs keep getting better. Oil is a battery too.

Bio-waste can be turned into heat power and fuel for engines and turbines plus remove waste and gas from landfills.

Instead of trucks and cars think hyperloop and electric trains.

You truly want to know why we go nowhere in this country? It's because the majority of people - regardless of political spectrum - would rather bash an idea than come up with one, fund one, or build one.

Hell, I'm sure the wheel and fire would never have been adopted if the entire world was like you guys
          It is a shockingly high percentage of Jason Oil Is The Only Way Kenny sound-a-likes think-a-likes at ol Agriville. Considering farming for the most part has this same line of thinking being mostly unchanged for 50 years or more, it is not surprising to see the majority of the comments the way they are.

Comment

Better update your knowledge there Mr Farmer

In April 2020, Bloomberg New Energy Finance found "Solar PV and onshore wind are now the cheapest sources of new-build generation for at least two-thirds of the global population. Those two-thirds live in locations that comprise 71% of gross domestic product and 85% of energy generation. Battery storage is now the cheapest new-build technology for peaking purposes (up to two-hours of discharge duration) in gas-importing regions, like Europe, China or Japan."

Comment

There are several reasons why electricity prices are higher in Australia. Are you going to ignore all the other reasons or just blame it on solar and wind? LOL. Australia deregulated their electrical system and I posted an article many months ago about the many impacts on prices. But keep telling yourself that the cause is only solar and wind even if the system operator clearly says both are the cheapest generation sources!

Comment

Why are they higher in Ontario and why did the govt have to put peoples elec bills on the provincial credit card and then amortized it out 30 yrs. A double subsidy.

Yeah its a real winner that technology. If you are half blind and had a recent lobotomy. Explains chuck to a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

In April 2020, Bloomberg New Energy Finance found "Solar PV and onshore wind are now the cheapest sources of new-build generation for at least two-thirds of the global population. Those two-thirds live in locations that comprise 71% of gross domestic product and 85% of energy generation. Battery storage is now the cheapest new-build technology for peaking purposes (up to two-hours of discharge duration) in gas-importing regions, like Europe, China or Japan."
                  No, you need to update Australian's knowledge. That was the quote from the Australian article I posted for Chuck's comment on the other thread. Don't shoot the messenger, go read the article, and prove them wrong.

I have offered this challenge to Chuck for the past few years. Please find a location in the world where adding renewable energy hasn't resulted in higher costs to the end users, relative to a location who hasn't done so. Somewhere between generating the cheapest energy, and reliably delivering that energy to the consumer on demand 24/7, the cheapest becomes the most expensive. This experiment has been repeated over and over with the same results. When the results are different somewhere, I will gladly become a proponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

How’s the office job ?
                    Sell any of this garbage to farmers ??

Running about 1/3 of anything else in area regardless of seed company.

If not not to worry , but I know you big Dekalb guy from previous posts

Comment

Or actually who knows with some of you on here
                      You claim to be farmers , then not , then change your name , admitting it , then denying it
                      All the while continuing to bash 80% of the real farmers on here for differing opinions. You should be proud of yourselves .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        How’s the office job ?
                        Sell any of this garbage to farmers ??

Running about 1/3 of anything else in area regardless of seed company.

If not not to worry , but I know you big Dekalb guy from previous posts
                        I would imagine that the bag of seed was a third of the price of other brands, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                          I would imagine that the bag of seed was a third of the price of other brands, right?
                          Not sure but it was great deal for a great variety from a line company “sales” rep that has never grown an acre of the stuff in his life ... LMAO
                          Yep they know sooooooo much lol

Comment

Dekalb pod shatter roundup was pure garbage, could not handle the heavy rains we had at all
                            Wish I would have put another variety on same field split it up to show how bad it was. All the canola was not good here but these were a joke.

Comment

Every SeedCo wants to say they have a variety in their portfolio that can be left to mature standing to be straight-cut, call it what you want.

But when the pods split open or fall to the ground Producers are supposed to just accept that.

Sounds like false advertising to me.

From "Electric vehicle production" to canola pod shatter, damn we're good!
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 25, 2020, 10:30.

Comment

the details are out on the 500 million gift to Ford Canada to build EVs...

That didn't take long.

Now where are our farm groups on that decade old BRM program changes required....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...