• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla Megapack

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Chuck, that is the trouble with broad sweeping generalizations.
    They are just so easy to disprove.
    Only need one example to prove me wrong.
    You have been trying for years without success.
    As I always tell my kids, never say never, or always, or can't, someone will always come along and prove you wrong. ( see what I did there?)
    I will gladly be proven wrong on this one, I am young, I have kids, hopefully grandkids, I want a future where we can continue to improve our standards of living, cheap reliable, plentiful energy is the only way that will happen. Right now the trend is going the opposite direction for the first time since the industrial revolution. Is this just a side track and we will get back on the main road, or is this what we have to look forward to, peak living standards, and peak affordable energy?
    If rising electricity costs are your greatest concern did you forget that generation source is only a portion of the cost of electricity? Delivering electricity and maintaining the grid also is a cost and one that is rising with inflation.

In Saskatchewan with very little renewable electricity untill lately the cost of electricity to farm customers has been rising on average about 3% per year. What's your explanation for rising costs with very little renewable electricity?

The Forbes articles clearly state that renewables are in many cases the cheapest form of new generation and that these costs are falling dramatically. Remember that costs are very site specific, project and country specific.

Since you are the one who made the claim first, that renewables drive up the cost of electricity "everywhere" you should be the one to prove your claim. Give us the everywhere numbers. LOL

If you can't do that, show us the utility sized scale cost of electricity in 3 jusrisdictions with no renewables and with renewables. Show us the generation costs, the distribution costs, and administration costs under each scenario.

Good luck "everywhere man"

Comment

But in your fake news article from Bloomberg, with all the photoshopped pictures of blades, they also falsely claim that the blades lasted for an entire decade before needing to be landfilled:

and

I think Chuck should stick with verified news sources such as Facebook or Twitter.

Of course, that in itself shouldn't be reason not to pursue alternative energy. Nuclear was issues with waste, oil and gas have components with short lifespans due to corrosion and wear. But the difference being that during their lifespan, they produced something useful, reliable and economical that powered modern civilization, all by themselves.
      Circle jerk troll you're so out of touch with reality

https://reneweconomy-com-au.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/reneweconomy.com.au/french-consortium-developing-first-completely-recyclable-wind-turbine-blades-31940/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh =16011247588000&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google. com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2F reneweconomy.com.au%2Ffrench-consortium-developing-first-completely-recyclable-wind-turbine-blades-31940%2F

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        And yet the installations do make sense where carefully engineered. Perhaps the problem is your understanding.
        My understanding is very simple tweety when it is -30 and it is dark and there is no wind because we are in a very still arctic air mass we need a way to generate dependable electricity or we freeze to death. I believe your ideology clouds your understanding and your inability to explain to me how using 4 different generation systems to generate the same kwh of electricity makes more sense and is better for the environment than using just 1 like nuclear or natural gas!!!!

You talk about careful engineering, Brooks solar farm in the month of February 2019, it snowed basically every day, that whole month according to the AESO supply and demand page it produced zero electricity. So yup you can put solar panels in the desert in California and they will work well, in Alberta not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          My understanding is very simple tweety when it is -30 and it is dark and there is no wind because we are in a very still arctic air mass we need a way to generate dependable electricity or we freeze to death. I believe your ideology clouds your understanding and your inability to explain to me how using 4 different generation systems to generate the same kwh of electricity makes more sense and is better for the environment than using just 1 like nuclear or natural gas!!!!

You talk about careful engineering, Brooks solar farm in the month of February 2019, it snowed basically every day, that whole month according to the AESO supply and demand page it produced zero electricity. So yup you can put solar panels in the desert in California and they will work well, in Alberta not so much.
          I can clean my 25 kw array of dry snow in about 15 minutes. It’s good exercise on a cold winters day! If it is a wet heavy snow, It will take more time. Snow removal is just another job created! Good for the economy! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            I can clean my 25 kw array of dry snow in about 15 minutes. It’s good exercise on a cold winters day! If it is a wet heavy snow, It will take more time. Snow removal is just another job created! Good for the economy! LOL
            Good for you, now can you show the efficiency of solar panels average year around for areas in the northern hemisphere and not Australia?
            Be interesting to see the difference actually
            I have asked several times
            This is an area your are keen on I admit , it’s obviously not farming from the 100’s of irrelevant posts here on an Ag marketing thread

Comment

But the arm chair “experts” don’t believe it works in Australia either! Look up the watts per square metre yourself. Of course there is a difference. Solar panels are only one option to consider. Use them where they make sense just like wind is a good resource in SW Saskatchewan and not everywhere.

Comment

https://www-researchgate-net.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.researchgate.net/publication/284244601/figure/fig2/AS:324945109372969@1454484359482/Average-annual-total-of-solar-energy-per-square-meter-in-Australia-33_Q640.jpg https://www-researchgate-net.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.researchgate.net/publication/284244601/figure/fig2/AS:324945109372969@1454484359482/Average-annual-total-of-solar-energy-per-square-meter-in-Australia-33_Q640.jpg https://www-researchgate-net.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.researchgate.net/publication/284244601/figure/fig2/AS:324945109372969@1454484359482/Average-annual-total-of-solar-energy-per-square-meter-in-Australia-33_Q640.jpg .

Here is a link to annual watts per square meter in Australia.
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 26, 2020, 12:11.

Comment

That be winter reading material
                  Much more relevant things on the go right now
                  Canola coming off good here , so busy

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    You had a second thought ? That’s actually funny
                    it came on the CBC feed

Comment

Still doesn't explain why you think one unsourced photo "which may be a photo shopped photo" tells the whole story about the lifespan and ecological foot print of all windmills!

Its like asking a contractor to build a bridge from a photo instead of using engineered plans with all the specifications! Not a good idea!

But maybe you think a photo is good enough? hahahaah
                      ***-k , i have built lots of equipment from a photo , that bugger all
                      people that can still still think for themselves , and have an open mind , can do all kinds of things
                      sheeple like you have lost that ability

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        The outside rounds done with a Horsch planter at 32,000 seeds per ac on 15 in spacing , the 6 different variety plots were done with the old JD 7000 8 row planter on 30 in rows at same 32,000 seed rate .
                        Will be interesting to see tonnage from each plot and differences in varieties.
                        The fert was spread with a floater , 110 N , 25 S and 15 K
                        Then worked in with a case Turbo till , then planted .
                        The Horsch is able to deliver an additional 4 gal / ac Alpine in the seed row with individual row shut off .
                        The varieties range from 2150 CHU to 1900
                        Will get tonnage and feed test results from each plot .

How’s that for a picture book
                        we haven't even ever saw a crop pic from that imbecile, ever
                        and the sorry bugger does farm ?
                        i sure get a lot of good info of the plot results you share
                        you obviously put a lot of work into it
                        chucks close to them too , maybe he will help out

Comment

Chuck, that is the trouble with broad sweeping generalizations.
                          They are just so easy to disprove.
                          Only need one example to prove me wrong.
                          You have been trying for years without success.
                          As I always tell my kids, never say never, or always, or can't, someone will always come along and prove you wrong. ( see what I did there?)
                          I will gladly be proven wrong on this one, I am young, I have kids, hopefully grandkids, I want a future where we can continue to improve our standards of living, cheap reliable, plentiful energy is the only way that will happen. Right now the trend is going the opposite direction for the first time since the industrial revolution. Is this just a side track and we will get back on the main road, or is this what we have to look forward to, peak living standards, and peak affordable energy?
                          keep up the good fight AF5

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            ***-k , i have built lots of equipment from a photo , that bugger all
                            people that can still still think for themselves , and have an open mind , can do all kinds of things
                            sheeple like you have lost that ability
                            Hey maybe the RM will let you build their next bridge from a photo.?

Did you build the one that fell into the river somewhere up your way? The one where the RM and contractor decided to save money by skipping the geo study? The pilings were built on nothing and went down into the mud and eventually the deck collapsed too about a day later. LOL.

Yep some farmers are great at building and modifying farm machinery without plans. Lots of trial and error. But there are some that can’t find and change a fuse!

Comment

Hey maybe the RM will let you build their next bridge from a photo.?

Did you build the one that fell into the river somewhere up your way? The one where the RM and contractor decided to save money by skipping the geo study? The pilings were built on nothing and went down into the mud and eventually the deck collapsed too about a day later. LOL.

Yep some farmers are great at building and modifying farm machinery without plans. Lots of trial and error. But there are some that can’t find and change a fuse!
                              Nope no bridges
                              That was 90 miles away
                              I did oversee culvert installs , rock crossings and bridge REPAIRS. In my councillor days tho
                              I am between arborfield and carrot river , deep in the swamp
                              Thought you knew where i farm
                              Did that farmer hafta clean up that wheat he protested with ? What became of that in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

But is it snowing and February all year? Or can you turn down the gas, no not off, most of the rest of the months?

Once again, hooked on the all or nothing approach is the understanding problem. It's a terribly limit assumption. Current policies and regs reflect that so you are not alone in that thinking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...