• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been busy swathing here. It’s 10:30pm and the wind is still blowing 👍 First time of going after dark without the tires being wet.

Been going slow from so much lodged green crop and sprayer ruts a foot deep. The lifters don’t like that for some reason. Getting lost going around wet low spots where cattails are growing even though we seeded them.

Nice spot in the daylight. Still coming off tough but the dryer is keeping up nicely. Sure was a bunch of work setting it up but makes life so much easier.
    Lots of second cut getting knocked down too. Hopefully the weather cooperates better than first cut. 🤞

Now to deal with another buggered lifter............

Good luck y’all 🍀

Comment

Woodland mentions lifters... we damned near came to a standstill here last weekend. Got into horrendous sawflyed wheat and were getting 40ac a day done with one combine. Bad sawfly, rocky land, and crop lifters are a horrendous combination.

Picked up another guys junk and now have one combine pushing a flex head with lifters, and the second picking up double swaths were making with an old 4400 versatile with lifters on it. I've put a pile of head sized rocks up on the flex plates, and thank god they haven't been ingested.

Thank you to the powers that be who deregistered all our sawfly resistant CWRS varieties! This has been a friggin nightmare! "Living The Dream"™️

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        Woodland mentions lifters... we damned near came to a standstill here last weekend. Got into horrendous sawflyed wheat and were getting 40ac a day done with one combine. Bad sawfly, rocky land, and crop lifters are a horrendous combination.

Picked up another guys junk and now have one combine pushing a flex head with lifters, and the second picking up double swaths were making with an old 4400 versatile with lifters on it. I've put a pile of head sized rocks up on the flex plates, and thank god they haven't been ingested.

Thank you to the powers that be who deregistered all our sawfly resistant CWRS varieties! This has been a friggin nightmare! "Living The Dream"™️

Swather cutterbar ate half a skunk for lunch today and then broke off a big Schumacher lifter. No worries the rotor on the challenger sure let me know when it went through. At least we’re dropping the straw😉

Nobody wanted my job as swather guy before Pepe .............. I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow.
        Ain’t life grand😎

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6761600403754.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	770128

WOW to this. Is that even a 30 foot cut or only 25? Nice.

Comment

Very very nice

Comment

No 505 or 506 this year but will have 505 next year as it is right up there with the 501.

Comment

We swath on a 115 deg angle for years as mist winds that go insane are out of NE or SE

Comment

Last of the good wheat 🌾

The only wheat we had not hail on much at all
                  We got screwed by coop hail on the rest is all I can say by the yield

Comment

I see bran frost..... LMFAO.
                    Sorry furrow.

AND FUSARIUM!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      [ATTACH]6645[/ATTACH]

WOW to this. Is that even a 30 foot cut or only 25? Nice.
                      Only 25 and in the hills it’s more than enough. Still leaving crop even with lifters. Too bad the barley is dropping heads already. Probably leaving 5-8 bu behind.

Lots of quarters have a hill that is one way cutting since you torque out on them. Yields are looking about average or so for us.

No complaints here😎

Comment

Further south I harvest the poorer the crop.

Fun times in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Further south I harvest the poorer the crop.

Fun times in 2020.
                          I farm south of you., how many miles? Just think how crappy the Ghetto crops are then! You can't even image....its beyond your comprehension!

👉🌵🐪🐫🏜

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            I see bran frost..... LMFAO.
                            Sorry furrow.

AND FUSARIUM!
                            right fulla ergot also
                            feed for sure

Comment

That dryer setup looks great Woodland! Hope it runs well for u this year. How many bushels an hour 18-14%?

Comment

Harvest is basically wrapped up at Ghetto Central. Just afew weedy patches we left in the flax.

As mentioned before, last year it felt like we had too much land, this year not enough.... a good harvest will do that.
                                Could have probably taken two crops off this fall. We sat and had to wait on the flax. There would be lots of time to take off more crop yet(here).
                                There can be no recreational tillage because the Ghetto is too dry to till.
                                There won't be any recreational spraying because the Ghetto is too dry for plant growth.

I am actually happy with the results of the 2020 crop given how critical things were at one point. Perspective. We got a decent crop and my 85 year old Dad got to watch another crop being harvested.

I am now thinking "next year". We are very tapped out of moisture, VERY. My Dad mentioned how dry 1961(pre-dates me) was and how the next 5 years were good crops. I pointed out that this year maybe wasn't like that and next year could be like 1961.... heaven forbid, but there is NO reserve moisture. And in keeping with the theme.... we are on the edge of this next rain system coming through....look out West Central Sask.

Feels good to be done. Now the hard part, to market this crop.

Take care and be safe.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...