• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind

Utter destruction of swathed canola. Shelling of standing crop.

If it doesn't get any worse than it is now here.....we will be ok.

Not saying we're out of the woods yet though.

Glass half full, farming101 has my top half.

Saskfarmer's cup runneth over but he doesn't realize it.

Comment

My Monday.

Murraylands for Monday Mostly sunny. Areas of raised dust in the late morning and afternoon. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h increasing to 35 to 50 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures around 32.

Crops poking first heads out yesterday. We’ve been downgraded a tad

Seen it before will see it again.

Some areas will see 37.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Whats the wind clocking? Gust have stayed under 50 today.

But they added another degree to the impending frost. -5 now called for.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Whats the wind clocking? Gust have stayed under 50 today.

But they added another degree to the impending frost. -5 now called for.
          Hope that doesn't blacken some seeds of my human consumption flax.

Comment

Calmed to NW 24-36, +10C, COLD COLD wetish, showers last few hours...it's September all right, don't even NEED a calendar to Know! Hate to look at swaths, reports of Oats shatter. Think any crop standing has some, till rained. Zero to -2 forecasts, +8C high
            Last edited by fjlip; Sep 6, 2020, 15:45.

Comment

Wet enough here that wind won’t cause much of a problem.
              Blowing canola really suck!
              Last edited by seldomseen; Sep 6, 2020, 17:29.

Comment

Pod shatter or non? Invigor, or everybody else?

Comment

Where are you located Agstar? They were calling for 80k here (south of Yorkton) a few days ago, but thankfully they revised and we only got just above 60. The wind from Tuesday was actually worse and if you had canola swathed North-South there is a fair bit tipped over but East-West canola ok for the most part.

Comment

Gusts to 70 N of winnipeg. Straight cutting swathed canola.

Comment

Well the latest greater invigorating variety doesn’t have pods splitting open they just fall to the ground with the wind 😒

Comment

Not a "Like".... "Straight cutting swathed canola", heard of it being done before. But is sounds ridiculous.

I am so greatful it didn't get as bad as forecast,,,, but it could have just as well been 10-15 kph more than less! And that would have been real bad.

On shittier note, the Iron Maiden developed a shaft seal leak on the hydraulic pump that drives the cleaning fan hydraulic motor. That will slow us down a bit......the pitfall of a single combine farm.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, like farming isn't stressful enough.

Comment

No life like it! Fortunately B.T.O. neighbor not us. 2 swaths rolled together. I can't even speak. Another reason we don't grow the weed.

Comment

Ya I've done that, but I never figured how to retrieve canola out of the tree rows. Dockage.

I just hope my canola would never blow onto a Monsanto/Bayer parking lot, it could get complicated.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...