• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBN out to fleece the flock?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBN out to fleece the flock?

Came across this one. FBN has a total of over $500M in investment funding. someone somewhere must think there is money in being the middle man to the farmer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fbn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	779469

It's all about the information they get from you thats the big dollar return for them.

Comment

I believe it’s google , but not 100% sure.
      And yes it’s all about info and your yield data if you sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I believe it’s google , but not 100% sure.
        And yes it’s all about info and your yield data if you sign up.
        I still cant understand why farmers use fieldview climate view? They must also answer all telemarketer calls?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          I still cant understand why farmers use fieldview climate view? They must also answer all telemarketer calls?
          There was a field view presentation a few years ago at a grower meeting of a local retail.....to this day I cant see the value in it for farmers.....until they pay for the information they are harvesting....

Comment

Read this the other day.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tech-startup-trying-to-be-amazon-for-farms-runs-into-ag-giants-11598811850?st=s1uqem6i5ajonxx

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              It's all about the information they get from you thats the big dollar return for them.
              It’s not nearly as valuable as everyone thinks. How many times have you sprayed wheat for a full day before you realize the tank product is still on liberty? From what I see the only platform with accurate data is from agrimatics with the libra cart. Too much room for human error with the other stuff

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                Are any of these expensive satellite imagery subscription programs capable of detecting hail damage?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  If you drive a couple S series like I do without active yield, nobody could decipher my canola yield, let alone create a variable rate fertilizer map from the data.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...