• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will we do for Carbon , for life and plant growth?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Our work shows yet another important reason to preserve and maintain our forests and keep them healthy."
    Yes, and it also shows that the best way to not only preserve and maintain forests, but to expand and make them even more prolific and productive is to increase the CO2 available to them.

Comment

Wrong answer A5. Which scientific organizations are calling for us to increase global atmospheric CO2 to increase plant growth? None!

We need to reduce and stabilize CO2 levels to reduce the negative effects of climate change and global warming.

Comment

Wrong answer A5. Which scientific organizations are calling for us to increase global atmospheric CO2 to increase plant growth? None!

We need to reduce and stabilize CO2 levels to reduce the negative effects of climate change and global warming.
        I usually just ignore your left wing rhetoric but when you come on here and preach about global warming when it’s been -40 for days, I must say you are a special kind of #######!

Comment

See my previous comment. I agree, we need to stabilize atmospheric CO2 levels at the most sustainable levels. Whatever level will optimize the benefits to photosynthetic life, while ensuring we can stretch the finite (and easy to liberate) fossil fuels sources for generations to come. Releasing CO2 from calcium carbonate in a post fossil fuel world is going to be an energy intensive, but necessary process. Right now, as a convenient bonus to liberating CO2, we also get energy out, without fossil fuels, we will be consuming precious energy just to maintain CO2.

We are on the same side, just for completely different reasons.

Comment

So A5 you are in favour of reducing fossil fuel energy use to stabilize greenhouse gases?

BTW, cold weather and winter will still happen with global climate change unless you believe that the tilt of the earth will change?

In fact some scientists are saying that climate change is weakening the jet stream which move weather systems across the globe and is one of the reasons we are seeing longer periods of blocking patterns with persistent weather patterns.
            Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 10, 2021, 09:49.

Comment

So A5 you are in favour of reducing fossil fuel energy use to stabilize greenhouse gases?
              Yes, always have been. Stabilize at what level is yet to be determined.
              Just because I can do math, and comprehend the laws of physics doesn't mean I don't care about sustainability in the long run.
              That is why it is so upsetting that society is wasting such vast resources fighting imaginary climate change, with imaginary and unworkable solutions such as wind and solar, instead of concentrating on finding and funding actual solutions to the very real problems of unsustainable growth in virtually everything we consume. And most importantly finding a sustainable energy source to use for solving the rest of the imminent problems.

The unsustainable process of consuming farmland, concrete, steel, hydrocarbons, energy, copper, rare earth metals in massive quantities to build a power grid that can't even reliably rebuild itself, is just costing us valuable time and finite resources which we so desperately need to solve the real problems. Most of which are very energy intensive problems. Such as extracting increasingly difficult Phosphate, Potash, Sulfur, or recovering them from waste and getting the back to where they are needed. The very real problems of subsidience and natural sea level rise, which will need to be dealth with regardless of CO2 levels. Actual pollution, habitat and diversity loss, loss of and contamination of drinking and irrigation water. Erosion, loss of top soil, loss of organic matter, resistant bacteria, weeds, parasites etc etc.

All of these problems are only compounded by the natural cooling cycle we are in for the next few decades, on top of that, if we can't maintain CO2 levels, and have energy shortages, it will be a disaster. Even worse, throw in geoengineering to cool the earth or reduce CO2 artificially and the consequences are unthinkable.

CO2 caused global warming is sucking all of the attention, and research dollars, and investment, while the real ( and solvable) problems are completely ignored.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 10, 2021, 10:01.

Comment

Just love the arguments from insanity. we need to do this and this and this to save the planet from global warming, except there is no global warming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EtT8Fr1VkAMZiyn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	770758

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Yes, always have been. Stabilize at what level is yet to be determined.
                  Just because I can do math, and comprehend the laws of physics doesn't mean I don't care about sustainability in the long run.
                  That is why it is so upsetting that society is wasting such vast resources fighting imaginary climate change, with imaginary and unworkable solutions such as wind and solar, instead of concentrating on finding and funding actual solutions to the very real problems of unsustainable growth in virtually everything we consume. And most importantly finding a sustainable energy source to use for solving the rest of the imminent problems.

The unsustainable process of consuming farmland, concrete, steel, hydrocarbons, energy, copper, rare earth metals in massive quantities to build a power grid that can't even reliably rebuild itself, is just costing us valuable time and finite resources which we so desperately need to solve the real problems. Most of which are very energy intensive problems. Such as extracting increasingly difficult Phosphate, Potash, Sulfur, or recovering them from waste and getting the back to where they are needed. The very real problems of subsidience and natural sea level rise, which will need to be dealth with regardless of CO2 levels. Actual pollution, habitat and diversity loss, loss of and contamination of drinking and irrigation water. Erosion, loss of top soil, loss of organic matter, resistant bacteria, weeds, parasites etc etc.

All of these problems are only compounded by the natural cooling cycle we are in for the next few decades, on top of that, if we can't maintain CO2 levels, and have energy shortages, it will be a disaster. Even worse, throw in geoengineering to cool the earth or reduce CO2 artificially and the consequences are unthinkable.

CO2 caused global warming is sucking all of the attention, and research dollars, and investment, while the real ( and solvable) problems are completely ignored.
                  So we should listen to the scientists and let them produce the science and data without denial by some of all the problems that you listed? I am glad to see you are worried about resource depletion and habitat loss. That makes you an environmentalist! LOL

Whether we are in a mild natural cooling cycle or not human influences on the climate are currently much stronger so says the science! Most of the last century's warming has gone into the oceans.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Just love the arguments from insanity. we need to do this and this and this to save the planet from global warming, except there is no global warming.
                    Not true, there really is global warming, and it really is man made:

The man made adjustments to the actual temperature record have absolutely created global warming, and casued it to corellate with CO2 very closely too.

Oh, wait, you meant measured global warming, not adjusted, sorry about that.

Comment

BTW, cold weather and winter will still happen with global climate change unless you believe that the tilt of the earth will change?

In fact some scientists are saying that climate change is weakening the jet stream which move weather systems across the globe and is one of the reasons we are seeing longer periods of blocking patterns with persistent weather patterns.
                      Good news about the jet stream. Remember how I offered to help you prove your hypothesis, by analyzing the actual data? Well, we don't need to do it ourselves now, it has already been done for us. And the really good news, it isn't happening, cold waves are decreasing, the jet stream is not getting wavier, or stalling. Warming is not causing cooling.
                      I assume you will celebrate having one less dire problem to keep you up at night?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/02/10/journal-nature-refutes-piks-fantasy-rich-science-that-a-warmer-arctic-causes-extreme-cold-snaps/ https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/02/10/journal-nature-refutes-piks-fantasy-rich-science-that-a-warmer-arctic-causes-extreme-cold-snaps/

Comment

So the best you can come up with jet stream science is "evidence" from from a single climate change denial site article?

Did you help write Alberta's climate change denial paper in defense of the oil industry for Kenney? LOL

Where did you get the graph? There is no reference or link. So that could have come from a denial site.
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 11, 2021, 08:57.

Comment

Hey, chuck go to your power box and pull the plug up to shut it off. Now turn your gas off.

Tell me in a couple of hours how smart you really are.

Nothing has changed your living a pipe dream.

Sick really

Comment

Sasky you stick to cocktail recipes, your area of expertise!

Comment

Come on chuck your so smart do the right thing and prove me wrong.

If you can survive pull the plug.

otherwise, shut the **** up.

Comment

Don't have to pull the plug, my solar is putting out more than I use even in the depth of a cold snap.

The great thing about cold spells on the relatively dry prairie winter is we still get a lot of sunshine!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...