• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little this that piss me off

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little this that piss me off

is john deere trying to save paper! every manual we have the front is ripped! Maybe they need a high priced engineering to figure the cover of there books!

Hmmmm....

One of those green Macdons eh.

But their manual would be better because it has a "window" in it.

Gotta keep the John Deere print shop busy you know.

Comment

Engineers are a special group, by law they should have to work in the shops and garages two months of the year, that service and repair the equipment and vehicles they design. Maybe over time common sense would return.

But until then, most would need a good dental plan.

Comment

Yup ...first time you try to put it away it rips...

And the thickness of manuals is just stupid as well...

Just bought a newer haybine...the old one was 25 years old with a quarter inch thick manual...
        The newer one is an inch thick...not much has changed on haybine technology in 25 years?

Comment

Even better, why cant all the 'Big Line' manufactures have PDF versions of their manuals on line? Sure is a lot easier to navigate than a printed manual, and you dont get it greasy & pages dont go missing. Credit to Macdon for providing all their manuals on line.

Comment

God forbid you lose the op manual or dare to fix it yourself and need a service manual. Screw you on parts and the manuals to boot. Funny about Macdon all being built with standard bolts and bearings. Needed a 1/3/8” bearing for knife drive line on my header. Phone dealer on a Saturday tell them the model and say I need a bearing. Nope no Macdon bearing. I asked if he could get off his ass and go look in the back for a 1/3/8” bearing? Nope would take too long. Found one in my bearing supply anyway but point being Macdon will list a part number but no dimensions. Even hydraulic motors they do the same. They want you to buy their branded stuff at inflated prices but don’t have it when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
              Even better, why cant all the 'Big Line' manufactures have PDF versions of their manuals on line? Sure is a lot easier to navigate than a printed manual, and you dont get it greasy & pages dont go missing. Credit to Macdon for providing all their manuals on line.
              We look up JD equipment all the time on line... it is free and can be found with a little time. Put the manual in a big zip lock freezer bag... if you want protection... many of them come in plastic bags to start with.
              Cheers

Comment

It’s worth looking your manual up at Jensales and downloading a pdf

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...