• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday Crop Report on a Friday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Seldomseen and i are about 15 miles apart
    Cant believe the difference in climate!
    Yes it is different but just think when you step a few steps north across the river how different it is. Sometimes it’s like stepping onto a different planet!

Comment

Where I am, there is simply no physical reason to be a microclimate, it just is the way it is. There is a bit of an elevation change, but not enough to be significant in my view, and if that was the case, our little zone would be much bigger than it is. It’s simply bizarre. Might be more trees an bigger blocks of woods to an extent, but there’s more Bush north and east towards porcupine forest.

I dunno.

Comment

Finished first cut today! It’s not even September so that’s a win in my books (yes we’ve done first cut into late September on bad years).

Ironically the last field cut turned out the nicest. Even with being mature lowland grass /slough grass mix it’ll probably be the calving time feed if I don’t decide to sell it. Half even had no rain on it which was the only bales like that. Have to wait till it dries up or freezes to pick the bales though.

Now to start thinking about swathing some barley............. that’ll get the rain gods all fired up again for sure😎

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500
          Man o man I wish our part of the country (sw Sask. Maple Creek area) was that green!!!!! If I posted a picture of our pastures you guys would fall off your chair! Glad it is green somewhere.
          Just got our pasture moisture deficiency calculation for May and June rainfall and we’re right at 150% of normal. The heat was really lagging until three weeks ago and now it has pushed things along to just behind normal instead of “crazy low”.

After the drought of 2001-5 here I vowed never to complain about rain. The timing of it though sure can make you go crazy though.

How’s the feed situation down that way Galaxie? Mountains of mediocre feed here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...