• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tucker Carlson defends actions of teen charged in killings of Kenosha protesters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEP View Post
    I understand what you are saying. This reply actually encapsulates how I thought for a long time. I am a big supporter of the police and law and order. However, I have been disgusted with how quick some police are to open fire or take things beyond what is necessary. If you develop the attitude you describe above after years on the job. It is time for a career change. There are several qualifications to be a police officer and a “long” fuse is one of them.
    I agree, if one has developed the attitude you describe above, however justified it may seem, it would be time for a career change, or at least scenery change.

But, I keep coming back to my own experiences dealing with cows. 99% of cows can be reasoned with when working with their baby calves, little or no force is required beyond some very harsh words of warning. Then there is the 1% for whom no amount of words, or force is going to stop them from attempted murder. Even though they might have been a pet a day before calving, before hormones and instinct took over. That 1% especially when they are unexpected, affects how I approach every other cow, because it is my life on the line. And it isn't fair to the other 99%, who get tarred with the same brush of shoot first and ask questions later if they look at me the wrong way. Because if you wait to let them take the the first move, it is probably already too late to defend myself from a vulnerable position of sitting on the ground.

The big difference being, outside of calving season, we all get along fine, and relationships are healed. I get to be the good guy, bringing hay, or fresh pasture. Inner city police ( or any police) deal with this day in and day out. They don't know who is high on what drugs or alcohol, or suicidal, or armed, or have an intense hatred for police. Not sure how one could not become jaded in that environment. Nearly every interaction they have with the public is going to be unpleasant for both parties, try that day after day for an entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      I agree, if one has developed the attitude you describe above, however justified it may seem, it would be time for a career change, or at least scenery change.

But, I keep coming back to my own experiences dealing with cows. 99% of cows can be reasoned with when working with their baby calves, little or no force is required beyond some very harsh words of warning. Then there is the 1% for whom no amount of words, or force is going to stop them from attempted murder. Even though they might have been a pet a day before calving, before hormones and instinct took over. That 1% especially when they are unexpected, affects how I approach every other cow, because it is my life on the line. And it isn't fair to the other 99%, who get tarred with the same brush of shoot first and ask questions later if they look at me the wrong way. Because if you wait to let them take the the first move, it is probably already too late to defend myself from a vulnerable position of sitting on the ground.

The big difference being, outside of calving season, we all get along fine, and relationships are healed. I get to be the good guy, bringing hay, or fresh pasture. Inner city police ( or any police) deal with this day in and day out. They don't know who is high on what drugs or alcohol, or suicidal, or armed, or have an intense hatred for police. Not sure how one could not become jaded in that environment. Nearly every interaction they have with the public is going to be unpleasant for both parties, try that day after day for an entire career.
      I get what you are saying and intimately understand a hunter cow at calving time. But to take your example one step further, do you whack every cow with a post or carry a stock prod for every cow at calving time?

How quiet would your herd be if you did?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        I get what you are saying and intimately understand a hunter cow at calving time. But to take your example one step further, do you whack every cow with a post or carry a stock prod for every cow at calving time?

How quiet would your herd be if you did?
        No, but after I get beat up, the next few cows tend to pay for the sins of the offender, as the memory is still fresh, and the adrenaline has not yet subsided. Do police ever get a chance to redeem their faith in humanity? There is no need to station police into a kindergarten, retirement home, or a convent for a break, they are in the trenches forever. It would be the equivalent of every cow being an offender.

Comment

Horrific incident here in a remote indigenous community.

A 5 year old boy was ****d by up to 6, 13 Yr olds.

Some of th3 community suggest traditional punishment, no idea what that is. Others white intervention needed.

Sort of a self governing community with possibly not a lot of police presence.

Many apparently still talk in there native tongue which is how remote it is band intrepters needed.

Do you guy s have such issues over there?

Nobody knows solution, nobody playing blame game meaning it’s the white mans fault.

Again don’t not no details but supposedly little if any alcohol or drugs but media reports sketchy.

Not even sure how story got out health workers perhaps.

Chuck Is a expert on all things indigenous , I doubt it’s normal behaviour but he may enlighten me.

Strangely media focuses on BLM stuffin USA and ignores home grown problems.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Strangely media focuses on BLM stuffin USA and ignores home grown problems.
            The short explanation for that, is that it is they can't blame Trump, so not much to point in the media making a big deal out of it.

Comment

"It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, mobile phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault, you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colors, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the ****d children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect."

~ Sheriff David Clarke

Comment

Didn’t realise R aped was a word to be blocked apologies admin

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...