• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tucker Carlson defends actions of teen charged in killings of Kenosha protesters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tucker Carlson defends actions of teen charged in killings of Kenosha protesters

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/aug/26/tucker-carlson-kenosha-shooting-teen-kyle-rittenhouse https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/aug/26/tucker-carlson-kenosha-shooting-teen-kyle-rittenhouse

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, has been charged with murder after two people were killed at Black Lives Matter protest

Guardian staff

Thu 27 Aug 2020 02.49 BST
    Last modified on Thu 27 Aug 2020 04.38 BST

Tucker Carlson has a long record of making racist and inflammatory statements on his Fox News show.

The rightwing Fox News host Tucker Carlson has defended the actions of a 17-year-old who was arrested and charged with murder after two people were killed in Kenosha, Wisconsin, as white vigilante agitators shot at Black Lives Matter protesters.

Kyle Rittenhouse, from Antioch, Illinois, 20 miles south-west of Kenosha, had taken to the streets of Kenosha with a rifle after protesters marched demanding justice for Jacob Blake, a young Black father who was shot and gravely wounded by police on Sunday.
    Armed white men patrolling Kenosha protests organized on Facebook
    Read more

On his TV show Carlson – who has a long record of making racist and inflammatory statements, triggering an advertising boycott – said that Rittenhouse’s actions were understandable given the violence and property damage in the city.

“Kenosha has devolved into anarchy because the authorities in charge of the city abandoned it. People in charge from the governor of Wisconsin on down refused to enforce the law. They stood back and they watched Kenosha burn,” Carlson said.

He then added: “So are we really surprised that looting and arson accelerated to murder? How shocked are we that 17-year-olds with rifles decided they had to maintain order when no one else would?”

His words were met with instant condemnation on social media.

“An innocent black guy is killed by police and Tucker Carlson calls him a thug. A guilty white guy murders two people and Tucker Carlson calls him a patriot,” tweeted CNN commentator Keith Boykins.

“He just justified murder,” tweeted the New York Times journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones.

Tucker Carlson stoops to a new low on Fox. Another black man shot seven times in the back in front of his children and Tucker thinks its okay for a gun toting teenager to shoot protesters? WTF

How many more black people are going to be killed before they reign in the trigger happy wacko cops?

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-as-nba-boycott-erupts-sports-tv-transforms-into-civil-rights-tv/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-as-nba-boycott-erupts-sports-tv-transforms-into-civil-rights-tv/

"As rumours swirled that the Bucks were mulling a boycott of their game to protest against the country’s foot-dragging on racial justice, a cause that had gained new urgency in the wake of the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wis., Sam Mitchell spoke plainly to host Chris Miles about his own galling experiences as a Black man living in America.

“Chris, understand something,” said Mitchell, a former coach of the year for his time with the Toronto Raptors. “When I say this, as a Black man at 56 years old, everyone I know, every Black person knows someone who’s been shot and killed by police. Now think about that. You know how many people I know, Chris?”

“A guy I played against in high-school basketball was killed by the police, and it was deemed an accident. They had him on the ground, wrongfully accused, with a gun pressed to his head, with handcuffs on.

“How does a gun go off? Why would you point a gun at someone’s head when he’s on the ground with handcuffs? But back then, there was no video. All we had was the word of a police officer. I mean, Black and brown people have been murdered by the police, and we’re just now realizing how many, by these videos in the last four or five years.”

Comment

Will it be the second civil war for the USA?

Trump said yesterday he is bringing back LAW AND ORDER in a tweet. So that is comforting.

Comment

The left can only mention the peacefull protests. Very little news on the damage done to property and all the tensions raised. All they can do is blame the other side like they have their head in the sand. If the so called peacefull protestors would stay home maby the ones causing all the problems could be dealt with and tensions would decrease but no they have all the answers. Maby if the Democrat leaders could get off their thrones and admit what’s really going on tensions would decrease

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            Will it be the second civil war for the USA?

Trump said yesterday he is bringing back LAW AND ORDER in a tweet. So that is comforting.
            If one takes the cynical view, that the timing of the protests are designed to help Trump lose the election, I've been wondering if it might not backfire. Not sure if Trump ( and team if there still is one) deserves this much credit, but maybe they have been allowing, or even encouraging this anarchy to fester away, until most rational people( sorry Chuck) of all races, are ready for a return to law and order. Trump then runs a campaign with law and order as the backbone, and paints the Democrats as the ones promoting the violence and looting.
            Either way, it will be interesting to see if the riots continue after the election.
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 27, 2020, 11:18.

Comment

Read the article.

He asks or states is anyone surprised it happened.

No I’m not we’ve seen it on tv.

So by me saying I’m not surprised I’m a racist??

Reckon furrow or farma below suggest show respect etc things would calm down in both sides.

I’m a country hick but can’t see how demonstrators have achieved a single thing other than making a bad situation worse.

Comment

The most interesting part of this whole story is that the three people he shot are such upstanding citizens. Really doesn’t say much for the protesters as a whole if this is a sampling of their character

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                  The most interesting part of this whole story is that the three people he shot are such upstanding citizens. Really doesn’t say much for the protesters as a whole if this is a sampling of their character
                  Andy Ngo tells it like it is, revealing the character of these Antifa rioters:
                  https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo

Worth reading through the tweets, especially the threats he gets from these good upstanding thugs for hire.
                  I especially liked the comments about the rioter who tried to burn down the police headquarters, with his name tattooed across his bare chest. These guys almost make Chuck look smart.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                    Looks like his right to self defense has improved the country, the first person he shot in self defence was a pedophile.

Chucky has some explaining to do starting a thread sticking up for a sex offender and other criminals.

Comment

Defund police leads to community policing and all its warts, so blame BLM for that.

Tryring to blow up a neighborhood gas station might bring out some of those now armed concerned citizens trying to protect their neighborhood.

Attacking one carrying an AR-15 turns into stupid games for stupid people.

Comment

The kind of peaceful protest that has a row of cars on fire. Floyd was a fentenal death by the way Chuck. Likely most people are happy somebody is taking on the task of restoring law and order.

Comment

Many people including myself are calling for peaceful protests.

Rioting is not necessary to make a point. But it happens when people are angry and feeling hopeless and without options, and are attacked by police. The protests would stop if meaningful action was taken and the racist killings by police and violence against people of colour were stopped.

But its pretty obvious by many of your posts you have little to say about the shooting of another black man in the back without reasonable cause. Most of you seem to care less. And are content to ignore the fact that a 17 year old with a gun can shoot whomever he likes.

This blatant example of racist violence is what has triggered the protests. The protests supported by all the major sports leagues now. Only far right Trump sheeple seem to think there is no racist police problem.

Instead you blame the protesters as the cause of the problems! WTF?

Comment

I don't know the particulars of this case, but it seems that more often than not once the details are known it turns out that it is not a racist shooting of an innocent man as is always claimed at first by the lunatic left. Refer to the Floyd case that I mentioned above. I hope officer Chauvin can obtain justice.

Comment

The cops are always right and justified? They do a lot of lying to protect themselves. Which rock do you live under? LOL

Give up you are wasting your time!

Its pretty obvious in Floyds case it was murder! Video doesnt lie!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...