• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$120 acre rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    There is an article about farmers that said they shouldn't own land....

Basically then you are owning or leasing depreciating equipment.... And trying survive by out bidding someone for land....

FCC is backing this nonsense.....and the government put the policy in place for investors to accommodate the rental bidding war....

It ends when landlords are forced to start farming again or investors run for the hills. ..

I was working off farm in 2007 and people were paying to have their land farmed...
    Investors can stuff it! I'm not making their mortgage payment....and this is happening right beside me.

Investor payed enough down on the land that $80/acre rent makes the mortgage payment....no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Investors can stuff it! I'm not making their mortgage payment....and this is happening right beside me.

Investor payed enough down on the land that $80/acre rent makes the mortgage payment....no thanks.
      Yup and here is more crazy .....retired people that formed a company for tax purposes are getting 100 bucks an acre from CEBA while a young family as a sole proprietorship out of a personal checking account gets SFA....they are getting the age supplements....not farming and more money going to them than the guy helping the economy by writing cheques for inputs....

The older couple biggest worry right now is coming to terms with having to spend the winter in Canada....

Comment

I’m really feeling out of the loop down in south sask, rent in this part is averaging 30 bucks for crop land and around 10 bucks an acre for pasture land.

The funny thing is when I check cows and clime the higher hills I can see jazz and his 120 land.

Comment

Shop rates and parts at stealerships are in the stratosphere.

13 inch Brandt auger transition boot between the swing tube and main tube is $195.00!

18 inch diameter by 12 inches long. Nothing to it. I complained when we bought it it was too tight in the transport position. An auger is in transport position the majority of time...not in use. Ours is starting to split now.....only third season.
          I bought the same one 3 years ago $68
          Was a fair job getting swing off
          Duct tape it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            I bought the same one 3 years ago $68
            Was a fair job getting swing off
            Duct tape it
            Gorilla tape patch for now, fix properly later

Comment

Gorilla tape patch for now, fix properly later
              I thought duct tape was a permanent fix

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                I thought duct tape was a permanent fix
                We may be Ghetto but not that ghetto.

Red Green would be disappointed in me.

Comment

Neither am I but,..
                  I can get far better than 2% a year in other investments and I know I'm not living forever.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...