• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop posting your yields on social media....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We I can guarantee our yields here were slashed 30-80% from that 2 min of hail across 80% of our farm if that helps .
    And about 50 other farms in this area .
    Some will have zero as about 15,000 acres getting bailed up right now .

Also canola farther north is not good .
    Crops are short , spindly and will be nearly flat to the ground with yields 50% of what they should be .

Yes some good ones in NW sask , but more not so good .

Peas took a beating

Comment

I honestly dont think it makes shit for difference. The only situation where I could see it being time our benefit, is if "they" believed all the #farmingfortomorrow #agmorethanever #cdnag #feedingtheworld etc... crowd and made a pile of forward sales while disregarding trade opinions, there could be a push for higher bids to fill shipments that cant necessarily be filled.

That aside...

I've always thought yield monitor photos were in tremendously poor taste.

I feel for the guys that have flooded, droughted, hailed crops that are hoping for upward movement in prices. Trust me, I'm there 95+% of the time myself. The special areas regularly disappoints even VERY LOW yield expectations, and on those years its bloody frustrating to hear "the trade" talk about how massive the western canada crop is going to be.

It's a real kick in the junk to have only half your bins full of lightweight product, bills sitting on the desk, plans for next year flapping in the wind, and "the trade" telling you it's in your best interest to book at a shit price cause the only direction is going to be down!

Twitter photos by #twitterag heros? It's impossible to placate those people screaming for attention from the world.

Comment

I wonder what would happen if we reported 60% of actual. Hmmmm, big hit to the ego of the some of these "state of the art" farms.

With these big bins that many of these farms have I wonder how much shrink and settling there is after a week or 2 of sitting and/or air blowing through. a good chunk of the bottom ring if floor also which would have to be excluded in the bushel estimate.

I normally take 10% off of every bin when done harvest, I always end up with a little surprise the right way when done hauling the following year.

Comment

Bly by quill lake.
          30% less than last yr

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Bly by quill lake.
            30% less than last yr
            Traders sucked a lot of people in. Raise the price on canola 50c and get a wack of pre harvest contracts. Probably be worth $12 in the spring.

Comment

Rain and hail this year in strips . Timely hail whacked fields after heading no general bin buster here.

PS don't park all the combines and carts in a neat row. It's a fire hazard and creates animosity. (Right Chuck ?)
              Last edited by 6V53; Aug 17, 2020, 23:44.

Comment

Yes if one burns they all probably will go.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Yes if one burns they all probably will go.
                  Thanks for the idea it’s the only way I can afford to change the colour of paint on the fleet, unlike some who seem to do it every second year. Lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...