• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola like Gold!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.89 this morning.at viterra..
    Wht at 4.66 for #2.12.5..
    1 yr ago our highest wht price was off the combine??

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      Here's a good Once Upon A Time story for the little ones....

Way back in May 2013 you could sell canola for 14.35 USD.
      Someone needs to send this post to that imbecile writer at reuters
      What a fk-n idiot
      And also we got $13 sometime in the late 80’s
      Could you imagine the whining if assholes like him had to work (if you can call it that) for 80’s wages

Comment

Down over 50 cents in a week here. Between a combination of basis and futures, I locked in a bunch of old crop last week, posted price now is over 50 cents less.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          9.89 this morning.at viterra..
          Wht at 4.66 for #2.12.5..
          1 yr ago our highest wht price was off the combine??
          Is that 90% of the Vancouver selling price? Or what % of Van price is it?

Comment

1974, $9+ price with inflation was over $15/bu today. Those were the good old days...yoyo prices since then. just a bit TOO much food/grains on earth makes prices ROBBERY from peasants. A good crop anywhere dumbs down all prices, a poor crop is ignored. Oh right trade makes $$$$ when FUTURES go up AND down. Expect same till you are done, good luck, Enjoy

Comment

All that glitters is not gold, it could be black. 😂 And it could be back.🙏🏼

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                1974, $9+ price with inflation was over $15/bu today. Those were the good old days...yoyo prices since then. just a bit TOO much food/grains on earth makes prices ROBBERY from peasants. A good crop anywhere dumbs down all prices, a poor crop is ignored. Oh right trade makes $$$$ when FUTURES go up AND down. Expect same till you are done, good luck, Enjoy
                Adjusted for inflation, $9.00 in 1974 is equal to $50.06 in 2020.

Comment

This sucks , we were waiting to see how much actual hail damage was on all our canola before locking in any pricing . Of course they just showed up today ...... phuck
                  I agree whoever wrote that article needs a straight jacket , idiots

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Adjusted for inflation, $9.00 in 1974 is equal to $50.06 in 2020.
                    Okay...so our purchasing power is 1/5 of that in 1974. What are costs compared to that? New truck was $3-4000, X 5= 20,000? JD 4430 NEW was $14000 X 5=$70,000.

Comment

Nee to buy a few JD X9's and rent more land, unfortunately that is the economic model for grain farming.

Comment

So basically everyone else makes money off farmers except farmers.

I sold spring thrashed HRS for more than a #1 15.2 protein wheat today.

The new auger is 50000 yep that makes so much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                          Is that 90% of the Vancouver selling price? Or what % of Van price is it?
                          86 or 87 % would be my guess

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            The new auger is 50000 yep that makes so much sense.
                            That's worth more than my combine. I bought a quarter of land in 2002 for $75k.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...