• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well if 2020 a better scenario

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and by the way we’ve got this all wrong.
    We are probably grating the gears of some politically Correct on here it’s not women girls young ladies.

Read the other day it’s those born with a cervix. The above terms no longer allowed.

Comment

Re aussie slang accent.

Think it was plentywood MT on way to sask3 humble abode.

Got fuel. Said to cashier “pump 3 70 bucks worth of unleaded petrol” kinda forgot we’re I was should have said dollars and gas.

Young lady said excuse me, obviously didn’t understand.

Then I saI’d hang on “wife’s just getting a bit of tucker for the road trip” sorry sir I’m really not understanding you....... think she thought I was making a obscene proposal to her.

So talked slow exchanged words both had a giggle

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        As this thread degraded to a fairly low uncommon denominator..... the breath of fresh air is no one cried sexual harassment or any other "ism".

.....what a breath of fresh air from the stuffy politically correct world that has evolved.

Thanks for being a good sport Blaithin as we had some fun at your expense.

Its fun and nice to be light sometimes, heavy wears me down.
        Nah!

AlbertaFarmer called general-ism. He’s a party pooper!

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Re aussie slang accent.

Think it was plentywood MT on way to sask3 humble abode.

Got fuel. Said to cashier “pump 3 70 bucks worth of unleaded petrol” kinda forgot we’re I was should have said dollars and gas.

Young lady said excuse me, obviously didn’t understand.

Then I saI’d hang on “wife’s just getting a bit of tucker for the road trip” sorry sir I’m really not understanding you....... think she thought I was making a obscene proposal to her.

So talked slow exchanged words both had a giggle
          Aussie friend was talking to Canadian friend the other day. Said “I’m really piss fit. This Covid iso thing.”

She asked me to translate. No clue if I actually got it right. Much easier to try and interpret Aussie text than Aussie speech though! Not enough yarns in the arvo to tune my ear to the words these days.

Comment

Comment

This politically correct stuff I really struggle with being a farmer and Grazier.

I see something unusual I say now “well intercourse me”
              I hit my thumb with a hammer or something I say “holy excrement that hurt”
              If I’m in a bad mood well “ I’m really urinated off”
              Annoyed with some one “your a real anal opening”

I’ve had to change my whole vocabulary and thought process, when I tell the dog off in the sheep yards he has no idea what mean.

I doubt any of you guys swear but when I stayed with sask3 he might have said one swear word.

Comment

Something tells me those words will be around long after we're gone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...