• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another rain thread....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    She's too late for way out here !

Damage is done !

Next year !

1 800 Ritchies !
    At this point, rain only starts being detrimental. Crops are changing hourly! Peas only have a few green streaks in them and spots around low spots. Cereals and oilseeds are all nearly dead at ground level and just trying to suck the remainder of the moisture out of the leaves and stems to fill before mother nature does it for them.

As far as im concerned I hope this heat holds for he next month and a half and we can put this crop in the bin in half assed decent condition. If I'm out threshing 20% grain and stuffing heaters into aeration bins in November again, for an average crop, I may well lose my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      If I'm out threshing 20% grain and stuffing heaters into aeration bins in November again, for an average crop, I may well lose my mind.
      Me too

Comment

Going to need every kernel we can get to make up for the shortfall in prices that are coming.
        Hopefully something will be rosey at the end.

Comment

A week of hot wind and flowering cut short. Another week coming up and filling will be shortened up.
          Oh well, a decent average looks possible. So far. Then on to the shit weather for
          maturation and "harvest". LoL

Comment

Most crops in this area getting past the point
            where rain would increase yield very much.
            Later seeded canola is exception with some fields still flowering and bright yellow.
            Excellent earlier canola stands, disease free and all pods seem to be filling.
            Wheat crops also disease free, looks like a lot of six and eight row heads.
            Sow thistle showing up in field areas that have been too wet past few years.
            Prefer rain to hold off till after harvest but will take what we get.
            Let’s not discount yield benefits from new varieties .
            See benefits from direct seeding and herbicide weed control in dryer years.
            Hail and early frost still a risk but getting close to seeing combines roll, maybe by end of week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
              Hail and early frost still a risk but getting close to seeing combines roll, maybe by end of week.
              Been 90*f or greater for 7 days in a row here. Wind seems to always be blowing as well... I'm confident the crop will be ready for a combine before I can get it there. Struggling with parts availability on alot of my antiques this year. Covid seems to be the recurrant reason given. All the part numbers are "regularly stocked" in north american warehouses, but there is NO STOCK, and they do not expect to be able to restock for the remainder of the season.

Comment

Not to derail thread but a lot of parts getting backed up.

A feels like ( whatever that means) of 36 today with winds gusting to 41.
                Grass turned brown.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  It wouldn't have to be a flood, there are lots of ways He could hit the reset button.

Maybe we are in a flood as we speak, a flood of "stupidity".

No shortage of that flowing around.

Edit it, of Biblical proportions.
                  Sounds like you're suggesting that we live in a kakistocracy?

Comment

"but getting close to seeing combines roll, maybe by end of week."

Certainly much different crop stages, end of August here.

Comment

Had a thunderstorm July 30th. 2 inches in 10 minutes, flattened some crops. Had lightning strike a hay bale in the yard. Luckily, I happen to drive by it 5 minutes later and see the smoke. It made a 1inch hole about a foot deep in the bale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...