• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid19 issue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid19 issue

Visited mom today going good.

Spoke to doc all good.

Covid19 seemingly out of control in our neighbouring state/province.

General chit chat with doc,he’s deeply concerned about cv19 but more concerned about backlog of cancer screenings the run of mill preventative tests.

Delays should could see a spike in cancer far beyond cv19 deaths.

Worry both diseases he said.

Good when you get OPINIONS first hand rather than cut and paste.

My son his partner and granddaughter were all present.

Did video link up for grandma with other 2 kids in melb son and daughter, they share a house.

About 3 kms away from a cluster of cv19.

Son does insurance Works from home, daughter unemployed at moment was a restaurant floor manager.

Anyway speaking to son, he said you know Joel, his best mate, yeah, he’s got cv19. Random test but lives in cluster suburb, came back positive, secondary test positive. He felt fine , 14 days quarantine, about day 5 woke up with hangover like symptoms Lasted 2 days bang gone. Bit dehydrated but other than that no worse for wear.

Son tested negative as he has been in contact with Joel few weeks back.

Age 26 to 28.

I’m a bit like macdon02 scared crap out of me at first, now protects vulnerable and common sense stuff we will overcome. Kumbyah

Comment

It’s in my local town now. Feels a bit different when you start having names with cases instead of just numbers in a city.

Not particularly concerned for when I get it but if I get it mom will probably get it and that would be a higher risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
        It’s in my local town now. Feels a bit different when you start having names with cases instead of just numbers in a city.

Not particularly concerned for when I get it but if I get it mom will probably get it and that would be a higher risk.
        Yes. By and large theyve been pretty open about it. Not entirely sure how they came in contact with it.

So far it hasn't passed to their significant other, coworkers, or really anyone they've been in contact with. Hit them like a fairly intensive influenza with whole body aches and pain, terrible soar throat, fever, headaches. Seems to have lasted 3 or 4 days i think and by and large they're feeling like normal and waiting out the 14 day period now till they can go back to work.

I think late 30's? Correct me if im wrong Blaithin, but that's what I remember without directly going back to their facebook.

Comment

I’m not sure. The ones I know of are early 20s and early 30s but there’s definitely more cases and lots isolating due to contact. Next week I can see the numbers hitting double digits.

The county will be blue on the watch map!

Comment

I’m not sure. The ones I know of are early 20s and early 30s but there’s definitely more cases and lots isolating due to contact. Next week I can see the numbers hitting double digits.

The county will be blue on the watch map!
            How are the ones you know of making out?

Comment

I haven’t heard.

Comment

So I heard how the early 30s was feeling.

Started out as tired and headache. Got tested. Positive. Got body aches and sore throat. Says it was like a really intense flu. Symptoms started easing up end of last week, just a sore throat. Should be in the all clear this week.

Comment

And another one, early 20s. Every muscle in his body ached so bad it hurt to walk. Thought he was dehydrated as well, not peeing often

Another one similar age or a bit younger just had a day of fever.

Hit double digits and blue on the map yesterday.

Comment

Little too close for comfort here. Know the one family that has 2 comfirmed cases about an hour away. Hutterite colonies in the area are loaded with it. Rumours flying now. Guess now would be the time to have a pow wow or church service with 1500 people. What could go wrong right? I mean its racist or discriminatory not to right? Oh and the amount of lying going on in these colonies. Fess up, you guys fudged up. And start saying where these cases are. Tired of “north” or “central”. If its in Biggar say the house number.

Comment

I feel bad for the Hutterites. Their entire lifestyle makes it hard to avoid something like this once it’s on the colony. Kind of like it flying through the Filipino community once it was in the packing plants.

I see Hutterites almost daily. They’ve been doing just as much to avoid getting sick and spreading Covid as anyone. Yet the amount of people bashing and stigmatizing them over this is ridiculous. So there’s an outbreak on a colony... how many people actually see the majority of members of a colony? Hardly anyone. The same handful do business off colony all the time and they’re taking precautions like anyone else. If someone gets sick the chance of it being from a Hutterite are slim to none. They will just get themselves sick, not infect the community and the county.

Add to that fact that nobody can blame somebody else if they get sick. Wear a mask, wash your hands, don’t go out in groups and keep your interactions to a bare minimum and you should be fine even if you’re around someone who might be sick. Don’t blame them if you aren’t taking precautions.

Comment

I'm proud to call some Hutterites my neighbors and friends. But those same friends won't get tested or wear a mask after having a "flu" bug after a big June wedding.

Comment

I feel bad for the Hutterites. Their entire lifestyle makes it hard to avoid something like this once it’s on the colony. Kind of like it flying through the Filipino community once it was in the packing plants.

I see Hutterites almost daily. They’ve been doing just as much to avoid getting sick and spreading Covid as anyone. Yet the amount of people bashing and stigmatizing them over this is ridiculous. So there’s an outbreak on a colony... how many people actually see the majority of members of a colony? Hardly anyone. The same handful do business off colony all the time and they’re taking precautions like anyone else. If someone gets sick the chance of it being from a Hutterite are slim to none. They will just get themselves sick, not infect the community and the county.

Add to that fact that nobody can blame somebody else if they get sick. Wear a mask, wash your hands, don’t go out in groups and keep your interactions to a bare minimum and you should be fine even if you’re around someone who might be sick. Don’t blame them if you aren’t taking precautions.
                          Doing just as much to avoid getting sick and spreading covid? That include a 1500 person wake and funeral? I may have missed why they can and nobody else could. Black hats matter....That is why people are bashing. I can’t bury a parent but they can do what they please. Do I blame the hutterites? No, ultimately its a disease. Am I pissed off, damn right I am. I’ve pretty much followed the rules up to this point and now its running rampant in the surrounding community. All tracing goes back to the colony, there goes ur theory on slim to none. Sorry....

Comment

“All tracing goes back to the colony”

Who’s tracing?

Anecdotal, well I was near a Hutterite and got sick so it must be them, tracing. Or legit, confirmed, tracing.

Community spread is hard to peg down, most health officials call those infection sources unknown for a reason. And if someone is just claiming that it’s Hutterites that got them sick, then that’s all they’re doing, claiming. Is there concrete evidence that it’s true?

I’m a pretty solitary person but the five people a day Im in close contact with see let’s say, five other people they’re in close contact with, and so on and so on, plus the odd errand I have to run here and there, and all of a sudden I’m in peripheral contact with a lot of people. Despite having regular contact with multiple colony’s I have no expectation that they’re the ones that are going to get me sick. Most likely it’s going to be someone younger who’s hanging out with friends and brings it in to work.

Comment

Friends of ours run a chiro clinic. Many hutterites as customers. No social distancing practiced. They give her a hard time about wearing a mask. Claim Covid is a scam and that they are protected. ...

Not sure if it is because they are more holy or if they believe because of the communal living.

Anyway they still hold their farmers market in town.

I think if the Boss and the minister take it serious the rest would too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...