• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neowise

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neowise

Has anyone stayed up to catch a look at it?

I’ll admit it’s easier to see in photos than with your eyes a lot of the time!

Been out the last two nights to catch some shots. Too scared to put them on the computer so far, in case they’re out of focus or noisy or something, so I’m just enjoying back of camera shots like these.

Oops. Premature posting.

Tried a couple shots with a canola field. Would like to get one with the barn or some bins but it’s hard to get the right angle unless I get up stupid early instead of stay up late.

Comment

Are you shooting to the northwest? Looks like sunset in the background.
      Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
        Are you shooting to the northwest? Looks like sunset in the background.
        Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
        Yes it’s NW at the start of the night and then NE in the early early morning. (Which I haven’t been up for)

Some of the photos could be sunset but most of them are actually because that’s Red Deer. The long camera exposure makes it look much nicer than just average light pollution though. Especially the bottom one as that was around 1 am. The other two were closer to 12-1230. That’s why there’s more stars in the last one, less daylight to dim them.
        Last edited by Blaithin; Jul 16, 2020, 13:50.

Comment

Very cool 👍👍

Comment

We saw it last night around 12:00 but it seemed fainter than your photos.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              We saw it last night around 12:00 but it seemed fainter than your photos.
              I find it to be much fainter in real time. There’s moments I’ve lost it completely and just point the camera where it should be and the photo tells me where it is.

Was quite bright last night though. Seen it good just before midnight but when I went to check at 2 the clouds and rain had moved in.

Comment

I was out last night too, around midnight. My best pic has the comet roughly the same size as your first one(my samsung 10 phone was roughly 6x zoom). I took it on night mode(which gives shutter delay), but my pic basically looks like a black and white photo. I found an area to take it from, without many lights on the horizon and thought it would be better, but not so. I'm going to try again, only earlier,(as now I know where to aim)
                Here's a free tip to anyone, TAKE MOSQUITO SPRAY !

Comment

Was just looking at it at 11:00 pm. It's two fists off the horizon and two fists West from straight North. Looks decent through binoculars.

Comment

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was the re-inventing of wiseguy. He is a bit of a stellar fellar anyway.

Comment

Pretty cool to watch. Saw it last night for teh first time.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

For anyone searching for it over the weekend.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...