• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30-year-old dies after attending 'Covid party' in Texas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cases starting to pick up now here, to no ones surprise.
    It s ok until it’s your own family member then it’s not so funny or ridiculous. But hey gotta feel
    Good for the election right? Here we go!!

I m all for opening business with guidelines but opening everything else up is just
    dumb no need to taunt the beast before you have an idea of a cure.
    But hey it’s the same idiots that are spending billions for a few farmers while they are in debt and going more so and could be even worse if cases take off and businesses end up closing again.
    Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 13, 2020, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      On June 17 the Washington Post ran the article "Hundreds of Health-care Workers lost their lives battling the corona virus" https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/healthcare-workers-death-coronavirus/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/healthcare-workers-death-coronavirus/ The article says CDC said over 400 doctors and nurses died. Also states that National Nurses United reported 939 health care workers had died. Just wondering 15444 if these people were the weak or are the stupid that you say die.
      A bit of both.

Weak because that is how natural selection works. The weak die and strong survive. Nature doesn't give a shit about your feelings.

Stupid because they put themselves in that situation/profession. Like my neighbor's wife that really doesn't want to be a nurse anymore, after a few months on the job, because of all the sick and dying people she deals with. WELL DUHHH! That is why you get paid relatively well! Ain't any nurse or doc working for minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Do you have your plot picked?
        Nope, right into the burner with me! No wasting money or ground space on dead flesh.

But I am such an isolated hermit, I don't worry too much about getting infected. The couple of people I do interact with are hermit farmers too. Can bet there will be a body bag shortage before it gets us.

Comment

For reference, using the 939 health care worker deaths works out to 5.2 per 100,000 in the US. Year is half over So double that for a full year, 10.4.
          Meanwhile farmers and ranchers are at 24 per 100,000 farm workers are 17.7

Draw whatever conclusions you like.

Comment

I don't click on many Covid related stories anymore.

Obviously very few do as it has trouble getting featured.

I do notice recently MSM has gone to shocking details about cases that are in the statistically insignificant percentile.

I ask everyone I meet from the more active area's (read urban) if they know anyone that had it.

Very few have any contact with anyone. Actually I haven't found anyone personally. Some third person reports.

Is that how we expected a pandemic to play out?

You can't just keep saying pandemic repeatedly and expect the general public to be chicken little.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              For reference, using the 939 health care worker deaths works out to 5.2 per 100,000 in the US. Year is half over So double that for a full year, 10.4.
              Meanwhile farmers and ranchers are at 24 per 100,000 farm workers are 17.7

Draw whatever conclusions you like.
              Unless you are saying 24 farmers and ranchers per 100k have died from covid 19 directly then your comparison is irrelevant. All deaths vs a specific cause of death are gonna be very different numbers. Just like everyone comparing covid deaths with flu deaths, they are additional not replacement numbers.

Comment

Covid party, well that's just stupid. Those still in denial that covid is real and dangerous or those that think the lockdowns didnt help need to open your eyes. People evolved as hunters and gatherers, not sardines, keeping some distance from others is a good thing.

With 2 young children in my house it's a pretty steady turnover rate of one sickness to another. (And we are all healthy normal people) Everytime they go back to school in the fall or after Christmas break they bring home another cold. Was just thinking this am that nobody in our house has had any sort of cold or flu etc since the lockdown started in March. You can't tell me it's not working just like it was supposed to, maybe wouldnt have caught covid anyhow but you just never know. By the way on the radio today is 3 more cases in our town of 5000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  Unless you are saying 24 farmers and ranchers per 100k have died from covid 19 directly then your comparison is irrelevant. All deaths vs a specific cause of death are gonna be very different numbers. Just like everyone comparing covid deaths with flu deaths, they are additional not replacement numbers.
                  As I said, draw your own conclusions.
                  I looked it up after reading the previous comments. I have been offering a lot of respect to doctors and nurses who willingly expose themselves to infected patients, while other civil servants refused to work in safe occupations. Knowing that I am in one of the most deadly occupations, I thought I would see how justified my concern is or the medical staff. Looks like I am still at least twice as likely to die at work than they are of Covid. As or baseline numbers, they don't make the top 25 list, I had to find a paper from 2005 to get any numbers, looks like 0.017 to 0.057 per 100,000 medical staff deaths per year, so additional is mostly meaningless.
                  That still doesn't lessen my respect for their dedication. Not sure I would willingly do so.

Comment

The liberals have decided to keep the Canada /Us border closed for another month, one of the back benchers may have spoke up, but where was that logic when they allowed flights from Wuhan to land in Canada for six weeks after they knew a deadly contagious virus was in that region.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                      The liberals have decided to keep the Canada /Us border closed for another month, one of the back benchers may have spoke up, but where was that logic when they allowed flights from Wuhan to land in Canada for six weeks after they knew a deadly contagious virus was in that region.
                      people I know who got it were snow birds and got infected in the states.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...