• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Marketing ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some fantastic "looking" lentil crops in the area and south of Regina. But how long before the dreaded yellow areas start to develop?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Likely, at the price I sold it at they will fill it with someone else's.
      if its a real good price you can sell them also
      sold some $10 pea contracts a few years back , made a good profit

Comment

Good correlation
        Click image for larger version

Name:	BF2C91AB-A95B-401B-8EDD-ACC69625E299.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	769947

Comment

Here is a chart to go along with yours.
          Monthly closing price.
          Showing Chicago wheat premium over corn
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh Co spread 720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	769948

Comment

Markets Wait For The Coming Heat, from Allendale

https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/89472/markets-wait-for-the-coming-heat https://www.barchart.com/story/futures/grains/89472/markets-wait-for-the-coming-heat

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              Sorry, i mean if farmers never pre-sold.

I always fear not having the pre-sold grain, along with everyone else and the price going crazy.
              I'm conservative, say 10 + b, until I see it up, see moisture in soil. Comfortable 30+ after emergence.
              I'd go towards 50 now, except what if it freezes and it's feed?? Yup then I'm scrambling..
              Again just me. But I simply cannot afford to store it. Or dry it. My trucking costs are effectively zero because of distance to terminal.
              I think I'm $6.80 on CPS and $7.30 on HRS. And yes, I'm in the wind for quality loss. To each his own.

Comment

BP, you're lucky with better grain prices closer to the west coast. A bit of an advantage. The Slum of the Ghetto is about the east-west mid point between ports.....therefore probably some of the highest freight rates.

I priced some canola the other day.

I usually won't preprice but surely I can sc**** up 6 bpa!!!

Comment

We're roughly the same longitude as you farma, saw $7.25 for #5 durum this week.

Comment

CBOT Sept wht up A$3.28/t & Dec up A$2.90. The correction in wht prices from last wks high might have been overdone. Chinese demand for corn may increase after severe floods. Russian wint wht ylds below expectation & spring wht areas still warm & dry. Farmer selling has slowed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...