• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furrowtickler
    replied
    My sons crop , his flower bed ...

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    There are good crops a poor crops every year no matter where you are.
    There are peas in this area with root rot , will be lucky to make 10 bpa. There is Canola that got hit with heavy rains right at emergence that will struggle to get 25 bus .
    Cereals in general are very good .... so far
    And there are crops that are very late that may not make the fall frosts even if there is an average first frost date .
    Or we could get wiped out like CaseIH in the blink of an eye.
    Fairly certain there is nearly every condition imaginable here on Agriville this year . Is what it is farming here as well .
    Mornin Mallee .... full moon on display here this morning...
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 6, 2020, 04:27.

Leave a comment:

• malleefarmer
    replied
    Am I allowed to post pics on this thread or have to a have a Naughty boy corner for my pics.

30 to 45 bushels wheat you guys will giggle Tis what it is.

With agro today said best barley would make 3 t ha without further fert. Already had 70 kg per Ha of DAP guessing you know it. Don’t wanna spendto much more on inputs

Leave a comment:

• flea beetle
    replied
    Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    What I find frustrating is the handful on here that contribute nothing but chastise most of us constantly , it’s sad actually.
    When was the last time DML , chuck or the few others actually contributed anything other than belittle the rest of us ????? Add tweety to that
    And if you add tweety, you should add wd9 since they are the same poster.

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    What I find frustrating is the handful on here that contribute nothing but chastise most of us constantly , it’s sad actually.
    When was the last time DML , chuck or the few others actually contributed anything other than belittle the rest of us ????? Add tweety to that

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Thanks furrows for all The info.

I’m losing interest in this years crop thanks to the weather and it’s nice to see someone pick up the slack.

Every one post your pictures and share info it’s good for farmers because we’re all we have. Gov and industry use us and don’t care.
    Well I got sick of the “industry” push several years ago and seen the treadmill of more more more . It benefits the retails and industry only 8/10 years .
    We definitely look outside the box and like what we see . It’s a better world lol

Leave a comment:

• SASKFARMER
    replied
    Thanks furrows for all The info.

I’m losing interest in this years crop thanks to the weather and it’s nice to see someone pick up the slack.

Every one post your pictures and share info it’s good for farmers because we’re all we have. Gov and industry use us and don’t care.

Leave a comment:

• helmsdale
    replied
    Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Sunflowers 🌻 with the old JD 7000 8 row 30 inch

Will be neat in a month to see
    F.I.L. stuffed them in with a 8810 and combined with a d****r header. I thought it would be like throwing caraganas through the machine, but there was hardly anything bigger than my thumb nail that came out the back end! Quite a crop to watch grow, just not alot of buyers in this neighborhood.

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Sunflowers 🌻 with the old JD 7000 8 row 30 inch

Had a mess with a massive amount of cleavers in newly acquired land . Got them now with last shot weed control.
    Will be neat in a month to see

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied

With Horsch at 2.3 into wheat stubble with NH3 last fall

With an older bourgault 8 inch 8800 with poly packers at 5.8 lbs , same variety right across the road . He always gets nice even stand but takes his time at 3.4 mph .

Any seeding unit will work when set up right and operator takes care of the little things .

We most likely will not spray fungicide again
    He most likely will . Both should be nice crops hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• MBgrower
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz View Post
    farma, around here guys are experimenting with a lot of things. Canola following lentils so no trash problems, looser seedbed, better subsoil mositure and more broadcasting/floating on nitrogen removing it entirely from near the seed rows. Improving mortality, faster start, quicker seeding.

While some of us were fighting bugs until things got going, these guys didn't have to worry about that. Had a much faster start it seems.
    Wouldnt that put the planted canola crop at risk of blowing in the spring or is there enough lentil 'stubble' left behind to hold the soil down? Around here where we work the land black in the fall but, but ensure enough straw is left on the fields for next years canola crop, or risk it getting blown out or wind sheared off should it be a dry spring.

There are some pretty good trash management systems on planters these days but still, planting canola 1/2" deep with any trash, could be a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• seldomseen
    replied
    I am not sure why I can’t get two pics on one post?

Leave a comment:

• seldomseen
    replied
    It’s been a challenging couple of days. Big wind storm that knocked the power out for 21 hours and trying to get the cutter bees out in the field. We always take them out at night and it was a very nice night this year. I was very fortunate to miss the hail that pounded on all sides of us. The picture of the sky was at midnight looking north.

Leave a comment:

• bigzee
    replied
    Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Fungicide?
    Yes .. used Nexicore. Have always used Quilt but was hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• sumdumguy
    replied
    Fungicide?

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...