• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three young children killed while riding in tractor shovel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Come on guys, when looking back there we're questionable and dangerous activities occurring on the farm while growing up? Now that we're older and wiser we shake our heads at ourselves, and won't even let of our kids think about trying the same stuns on the farm. Of coarse it was different times, but that didn't make it any less dangerous. It only takes a second for things to go terribly wrong.

This is just very tragic to the families and leave it at that and don't turn it into some foreseeable inconvenience for yourself.
    Foragefarmer;

Farm workplace safety is all about 'foreseeable risk mitigation' to prevent accidents to our families and workers... not an 'inconvenience' but obviously about life and death of our people. We deal with it every day... and try to strike a balance that allows families some 'freedom' to be a part of farm 'culture' while controlling / mitigating farm workplace risks we are responsible for. WHICH is everything. My name is on the title of the tractor... I am responsible... this very likely will cost us all... just like the Humboldt hockey bus incident...

Life is precious and very fragile... it is snuffed out in a millisecond... no do overs when a mistaken calculation injures or kills our family. NOT A 'LEAVE IT AT THAT' moment now....

This is an accountable blemish on every farmer in Canada... we either learn from this... or have history repeat itself with the next preventable tragedy for another farm family and OUR farm community.
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 3, 2020, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      Come on guys, when looking back there we're questionable and dangerous activities occurring on the farm while growing up? Now that we're older and wiser we shake our heads at ourselves, and won't even let of our kids think about trying the same stuns on the farm. Of coarse it was different times, but that didn't make it any less dangerous. It only takes a second for things to go terribly wrong.

This is just very tragic to the families and leave it at that and don't turn it into some foreseeable inconvenience for yourself.
      I look back at some things we did, not thinking anything of it, and some stuff that happened...oh my goodness, we were so fortunate.

Can't say that we deliberately took foolish risks or pulled high risk stunts, but things can happen so fast even in "normal" situations..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...