• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds like most of the prairies is either too dry, or too wet? Any truth to that?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
    Alberta crop report has all the info you need, and more.

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/f84be694-fbec-4428-ba3c-b19b408d157e/resource/48bffac0-61f7-4c39-8ec0-ba8afed9e05b/download/af-ecb-alberta-crop-report-2020-06-23-abbreviated-report.pdf https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/f84be694-fbec-4428-ba3c-b19b408d157e/resource/48bffac0-61f7-4c39-8ec0-ba8afed9e05b/download/af-ecb-alberta-crop-report-2020-06-23-abbreviated-report.pdf

Not as bad as what it seems judging by the moisture ratings chart, but you look at the map and there's a lot of blue.

We certainly are in the excessive moisture category. Could use a drone sprayer for fungicides. Fields already rutted out bad.
    Helicopters work awesome

Comment

Good day to all!

We are located NW of Maple Creek , SK. To date we have had 2 1/4 inches of rain since spring thaw, and boy we can use some rain down here! No rain in April , and two good rains in May and June to date. Early seeded looks ok , but later seeded crops are turning blue. As of today we are on day # 4 of 85-95 degree days with wind to go with it. Not good. I have heard that up in the Fox Valley are things look really bad , and they are only 30 miles from our area.

I have also heard that south of Cypress Hills , in the Consul area over to Shaunavon area things look really good.

I have a real bad feeling for our neck of the woods if we don't get a good rain in the next two weeks. there are a lots of guys around here who spend lots of $ on inputs and a 10-15 bu / acre crop is not going to pay well for any of us.

Yes , a 10-15 bu /acre is pretty much a crop failure , not 30 bu / acre.

Comment

Wet in my area.
        Forecast is wet. Some nice crops
        But 30 percent are starting to drown
        Central AB

Comment

Still some combining, seeding, spraying, and fieldwork going on here in between downpours. Crops are late and vary between pretty good to pretty pathetic. Shaping up to be like last year so any form of harvest is likely to be more “FUN” than normal.

Could possibly be a “normal” yield with lots of variability............. or a mudfest filled with frustration?

Ironically it’s starting to rain again. Seeding plans for tomorrow may need modifications ............... again.

At least the grass likes it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...